4th millennium in fiction
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fictional depictions of the 4th millennium AD (3001-4000 AD) have appeared across nearly all media.
Film and television
- In South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, according to the song "What Would Brian Boitano Do?", "Brian Boitano travelled through time to the year 3010/He fought the evil robot king/to save the human race again."
- In the movie Titan A.E., the Earth is destroyed in the year 3028; the rest of the movie takes place in 3043-44.
- The stop-motion film Live Freaky! Die Freaky! is set in 3069.
- The film Planet of the Apes is set in the year 3978, while its first sequel Beneath the Planet of the Apes is set in the year 3955. At the conclusion of that film, a cobalt bomb detonation incinerates the Earth. It is possible that the first film occurs in an alternate timeline to the subsequent four.
Live action TV
- In Power Rangers Time Force, the Power Rangers come from the year 3001.
- The Star Trek: Voyager episode "Living Witness" takes places in the latter half of the 31st century, approximately 700 years after the rest of the series.
- In Star Trek: Enterprise, one of the factions involved in the Temporal Cold War is from the 31st century. In the episode "Shockwave", Captain Jonathan Archer is briefly transported to the 31st century in an alternate timeline in which the United Federation of Planets was never established. According to Enterprise, time travel has become a commonly used method of exploration by this point.
- In the TV show Planet of the Apes, the ships chronometer indicates that the astronauts are marooned on a future Earth sometime after March 21, 3085. According to the TV show another ship crash-landed on Earth 10 years prior.
- The January 3262-set sequence of the Babylon 5 episode "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" depicts a devastated Earth which has regressed to a Medieval level of technology as a result of a nuclear war called "the Great Burn" 500 years earlier.
- In The Outer Limits episode "Soldier", the eponymous Qarlo Clobregnny, as played by Michael Ansara, originates from the 38th Century and is thrown back in time to 1964.
- In the Doctor Who serials Mission to the Unknown and The Daleks' Master Plan, the Daleks conspire to conquer the Solar System in the year 4000.
- The first two seasons of the TV show Futurama mainly take place in the last two years of the 30th century (2999–3000); the third season and beyond take place in the early years of the 31st century (3001–3012). In this series, the head of Richard M. Nixon wins the 3000 planetary election and becomes president of Earth. The episode Decision 3012 concerns a president sent back from the year 3028.
- The TV show Rocket Robin Hood takes place in 3001 and follows the adventures of Robin Hood's descendant Rocket Robin Hood and the rest of the Merry Men who travel on the mobile, rocket-powered Sherwood Asteroid.
- In the Courage the Cowardly Dog episode, "1000 Years of Courage", a space rock hits the farmhouse and sends Eustace, Muriel, and Courage into the year 3001, when the human race has evolved into living bananas.
- In The Simpsons episode, "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star", the ending is set in 3005, a thousand years after the episode was first broadcast in 2005.
- The Japanese-French cartoon series Ulysses 31 transposes the events of The Odyssey to the 31st century.
- In the animated series Megas XLR, MEGAS, the prototype battle unit from the future, and its previous owner, Kiva, are from the 31st century.
- The Cartoon Network series Adventure Time takes place some time around 3010, after a nuclear war (referred to as 'The Great Mushroom War'), in which magic is rediscovered and humans are nearly wiped out, with all kinds of creatures having taken their place.
- On the cartoon Lazer Tag Academy, Jamie Jaryn travels to 1987 from 3010 to save her ancestors from Draxon Dreer.
- In the South Park episode "Goobacks", the time machine is invented in 3045 and people travel to the present to work.
- Both the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book and its Saturday morning cartoon in the United States take place in the 33rd Century.
- Bucky O'Hare lives and operates in the 33rd century.
- In the Challenge of the Superfriends episode Conquerors of the Future, the Legion of Doom travels forward in time from the 20th century to the year 3984. Humans here are embroiled in a battle with creatures based on Morlocks called Barlocks, who the Legion forms an alliance with.
- In The Impossibles, Dr. Futuro is from the 40th century.
- The events in the cartoon series Thundarr the Barbarian take place in the year 3994, 2,000 years after a runaway planet hurtled "between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction."
- In the Marvel Universe, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the sorcerer Sise-Neg, and the villain Kang the Conqueror are all from the 31st century.
- DC Comics' Legion of Super-Heroes titles are set 1000 years after "the present day", meaning that more recent stories are set in the 31st century.
- In Planet Comics, in the Lost World section the Earth has been invaded in the 33rd century by the Voltamen.
- The comic series Ramayan 3392 A.D. is meant to be in the year 3392.
- The JLA villain the Lord of Time is from the year 3786.
- In Marvel Comics, Nathan Christopher Summers is transported to the 40th century by the Askani to aid them in their battle against Apocalypse, who has conquered Earth. This possible future timeline is designated as Earth-4935.
- The year 4000 is the time for the classic comic book Magnus, Robot Fighter created by Russ Manning. In this series, all of North America has become a single great city named North Am, with buildings commonly reaching a mile (1.6 km) in height.
- In the manga and anime series Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo the series takes place in the year 300X (Three thousand X) though in the American version of the anime it's 3001.5.
- In the manga series Biomega by Tsutomu Nihei, 3005 is the year when the story begins with humans successfully landing on Mars.
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is set 1000 years after the "Seven Days of fire", which took place within the 2750s in the 28th century (1000 years after the beginning of the Industrial Revolution). This means, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind takes place anywhere within the 3750s in the 38th Century.
- The Japanese manga and anime series Trinity Blood takes place in an indeterminate time in the future, 900 years after an apocalyptic war between all of Earth's nations destroyed civilization, when humanity has reestablished itself (armageddon), in the half of the 31st century.
- The web comic Starslip takes place in the 35th century.
- The Webcomic Schlock Mercenary is set solely in the early 31st century, presumably beginning in the year 3000 and progressing to the current year of 3006.
- 3001: The Final Odyssey, the final novel in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series takes place in 3001.
- The year 3053 marks the beginning of the events in the science fiction novel Rainbow Mars by Larry Niven.
- The beginning of the novel Venus on the Half-Shell is set in 3069.
- Samuel R. Delany's novel Nova is set in the 32nd century.
- The second book of A Canticle for Leibowitz, "Fiat Lux" (Latin: Let There Be Light) is set in a late medieval post-apocalyptic former United States, which has rediscovered electricity, and is undergoing political consolidation. Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman is set in c3274, one century after the events of "Fiat Lux". It deals with disunity within the post-apocalyptic Roman Catholic Church, pagan barbarian incursions and the consolidation of the "Empire of Texarkana" in the former southwestern United States. In the year 3781 ("Fiat Voluntas Tua"), a second nuclear holocaust destroys all life on Earth. However, survivors escape to human interstellar colonies.
- The events of Dan Genesis's novel Awakening [Beginnings Pt. I] take place over the summer of 3215. The events of the second novel, Ignition, [Beginnings Pt. II], take place over the remainder of the year.
- Nelson S. Bond's short story "Magic City" begins on June 14, 3485.
- Kirth Gersen, hero of the Demon Princes novels by Jack Vance is born in the 35th century. In 3524, the beginning of Star King, he comes to Smade's Planet.
- 3596: The novel series Legend of the Galactic Heroes begins.
- The Songs of Distant Earth by Arthur C. Clarke is mostly set in the 39th century.
- In David Weber's Honorverse, the family of Honor Harrington comes to the Star Kingdom of Manticore and settles on the planet Sphinx in 3620. Harrington is born in 3961.
- "Preludio para el año 3001" is a tango by Ástor Piazzolla with lyrics by Horacio Ferrer.
- The 1998 music video "Victory" by Puff Daddy (and featuring Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes) takes place in 3002 and follows the adventures of a 'runner' from the 'New World Order'.
- Scars on Broadway released a song named 3005 on their debut album entitled Scars on Broadway.
- "You'll never survive 3005" as said in the song 3005 by Scars On Broadway.
- The Widespread Panic song "Don't Tell the Band" sets the apocalypse at the year 3010.
- The Justin Bieber song "Beauty and a Beat" has a line that says: "We're gonna party like it's 3012 tonight".
- The Saturday Night Live and The Lonely Island song "Space Olympics" in set in the year 3022.
- Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Dan the Automator, and Kid Koala produced the high-concept hip-hop album Deltron 3030, a story of corporate destruction and love lost in a post-apocalyptic 31st-century universe.
- The song "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans predicts that by the year 3535, thoughts and actions are going to be controlled by pills.
- All of the events of the Classic BattleTech timeline occur in the 31st century.
- Galactic Champions, a far-future setting for the Champions superhero role-playing game from Hero Games using the Hero System, is set in the early 31st century.
- The roleplaying game Mechquest by Artix Entertainment is set from years 3007-3010 AD, and continuing as time advances.
- The events of the MechWarrior: Dark Age expansion to BattleTech's timeline occur in the 32nd century, following the collapse of the HPG network in 3132.
- 3587: The year in which both the iPhone space-shooter game Galaxy on Fire and the battle arena game Awesomenauts take place.
- The Supreme Commander video game series takes place between the years 3764 to 3844. the Infinite War itself raged for one thousand years.
- Tribes 2, while mainly set in 3941, its training missions take place from 3944 to 3950.
- When calculating the year in the game with the beginning of NC, in the game EV Nova, the year is 3955 (It could be possible that the date of the game was influenced by the Planet of the Apes film series).