|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||80s BC 70s BC 60s BC – 50s BC – 40s BC 30s BC 20s BC|
|Years:||53 BC 52 BC 51 BC – 50 BC – 49 BC 48 BC 47 BC|
|50 BC by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||50 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||704|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1893 – -1892|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚午年 (Metal Horse)
2647 or 2587
— to —
辛未年 (Metal Goat)
2648 or 2588
|Coptic calendar||-333 – -332|
|Ethiopian calendar||-57 – -56|
|- Vikram Samvat||7–8|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3052–3053|
|Igbo calendar||-1049 – -1048|
|Iranian calendar||671 BP – 670 BP|
|Islamic calendar||692 BH – 691 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1961 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||494|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 50 BC.|
Year 50 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Paullus and Marcellus (or, less frequently, year 704 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 50 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Consuls: Lucius Aemilius Paullus and Gaius Claudius Marcellus Minor.
- The Senate refuses Julius Caesar permission to stand for consul in absentia, and demands that he lay down his command.
- The Roman artillery piece called Scorpio is invented.
- Initiation Rites of the Cult of Bacchus (?), detail of a wall painting in the Villa of the Mysteries, Pompeii, is made. (approximate date)
- The Roman Republic takes control over Judea.
- The Asterix comic books are all set in this year.