5150 Elm's Way
|5150 Elm's Way|
Official Teaser Poster
|Directed by||Éric Tessier|
|Produced by||Pierre Even
|Written by||Patrick Senécal|
|Music by||Christian Clermont|
|Edited by||Alain Baril|
|Distributed by||Alliance Vivafilm|
5150 Elm's Way (French: 5150, rue des ormes) is a Canadian psychological-drama thriller film directed by Éric Tessier and starring René-Daniel Dubois and Marc-André Grondin. It based on a novel with the same name, written by author Patrick Senécal.
Elm's Way is a calm street in a small town. When Yannick falls from his bike, he knocks on the door of the Beaulieu residence, to call a cab home. Entering the house, Yannick hears a man screaming upstairs. When he finally encounters the source of the screams he realizes that Beaulieu has wounded the man and was holding him hostage. Beaulieu then locks down Yannick in fear of him calling the police. Over time he learns Beaulieu is a righteous psychopath and fanatic chess player who kills drug-dealers, pedophiles and other bad people for a better world. As Yannick has done nothing wrong, Beaulieu doesn't want to kill him and eventually agrees to let him go if he wins a game of chess against him. Beaulieu having never lost a game in his life so far. After Beaulieu's wife and daughter finally stand up to Beaulieu, they free Yannick. But Yannick has gone mad sitting locked in the room playing chess games against Beaulieu and doesn't leave, believing that the only option to stop Beaulieu is to win against him. In the final showdown the two play a chess game in the cellar, where Beaulieu has conserved all of his victims and placed them as pieces on a giant chessboard. During the game, Beaulieu's little stepdaughter enters the cellar and witnesses her dead mother placed as a piece on the chessboard. She is then shot by Beaulieu and the scene ends. In the next scene police enters the house, frees Yannick and arrests Beaulieu. Four months later Yannick is still madly obsessed with the interrupted chess game, so thoroughly consumed by the thought of the final position that he alienates himself from his girlfriend.
- Marc-André Grondin as Yannick Bérubé
- Normand D'Amour as Jacques Beaulieu
- Sonia Vachon as Maude
- Mylène St-Sauveur as Michelle
- Élodie Larivière as Anne
- Catherine Bérubé as Josée
- Normand Chouinard as Jérome Bérubé
- Louise Bombardier as Francine Bérubé
- Pierre-Luc Lafontaine as Simon
- René-Daniel Dubois as M. Ruel
The film premiered on 9 October 2009 in Canada.
- You Might Want to Avoid '5150 Elm's Way'
- 5150, rue des Ormes de Patrick Senecal
- A Place You DON'T Wanna Go -- 5150 Elm's Way
- 5150 rue des Ormes - Film, bande annonce, critique
- Hour.ca - Film - Movie details - 5150, rue des Ormes
- Canada Sales Desk
- Canada's Genies Toast 'Polytechnique,' Snub 'Mother' - indieWIRE