|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||480s 490s 500s – 510s – 520s 530s 540s|
|Years:||516 517 518 – 519 – 520 521 522|
|519 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1272|
|Bahá'í calendar||−1325 – −1324|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
3215 or 3155
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
3216 or 3156
|- Vikram Samvat||575–576|
|- Shaka Samvat||441–442|
|- Kali Yuga||3620–3621|
|Igbo calendar||−481 – −480|
|Iranian calendar||103 BP – 102 BP|
|Islamic calendar||106 BH – 105 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1393 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1062|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 519.|
Year 519 (DXIX) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Iustinus and Cillica (or, less frequently, year 1272 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 519 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- The synagogues of Ravenna are burnt down in a riot; Theodoric the Great orders them to be rebuilt at Ravenna's expense.
- March 28 – The Eastern and Western churches reconcile their differences, ending the Acacian Schism.
- Jacob of Serugh becomes bishop of Batnan.
- The Memoirs of Eminent Monks is compiled.
- In Ireland, the Diocese of Kildare is erected.