|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2010)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jason Connery|
|Produced by||Courtney Solomon|
|Written by||Kenny Yakkel|
and John Shea
|Edited by||Andrew Bentler|
|Distributed by||After Dark Films|
Political and public pressure coerces the government into allowing two well-known reporters and their assistants limited access to the ultra-secretive Area 51. The group consists of 20-year news veteran Sam Whitaker; his camera-woman Mindy; Claire Fallon, an ambitious writer, journalist, and head of an acclaimed news blog called The Fact Zone; and her cameraman Kevin. The four tour the base and things go well for a while, but when one of the base's "occupants" attempts to liberate both himself and those of his fellow species, Area 51 changes from being a secured government facility to a place of horror.
- Bruce Boxleitner as Col. Martin
- Jason London as Aaron Schumacher
- Rachel Miner as Sgt. Hannah
- Vanessa Branch as Claire
- Andrew Sensenig as Dr. Keane
- John Shea as Sam Whitaker
- Jillian Batherson as Gomez
- Beau Brasso as Airmen
- Lena Clark as Mindy
- Damon Lipari as Kevin
- VyVy Nguyen as Elisia
- 51 at Upcoming Horror Movies
- "SyFy and After Dark Films Unite for Saturday Original Movie Franchise". Broadway World. April 1, 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "After Dark Originals: '51' finds a Director".
- 51 at After Dark Originals
- "After Dark Originals at Comic Con".
- "After Dark Films heads to 'Area 51'".
- "After Dark Originals: First Details on 'Banshee' and '51'". BloodyDisgusting.
- Melissa Girmonte (April 25, 2010). "Bruce Boxleitner Slated to Star in SyFy's '51'". Airlock Alpha. Retrieved 2010-09-16.