|This article relies on references to primary sources. (September 2010)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jason Connery|
|Produced by||Courtney Solomon|
|Written by||Kenny Yakkel|
and John Shea
|Edited by||Andrew Bentler|
|Distributed by||After Dark Films|
Political and public pressure coerces the government into allowing two well-known reporters and their assistants limited access to the ultra-secretive Area 51. The group consists of 20-year news veteran Sam Whitaker; his camera-woman Mindy; Claire Fallon, an ambitious writer, journalist, and head of an acclaimed news blog called The Fact Zone; and her cameraman Kevin. The four tour the base and things go well for a while, but when one of the base's "occupants" attempts to liberate both himself and those of his fellow species, Area 51 changes from being a secured government facility to a place of horror.
- Bruce Boxleitner as Col. Martin
- Jason London as Aaron Schumacher
- Rachel Miner as Sgt. Hannah
- Vanessa Branch as Claire
- Andrew Sensenig as Dr. Keane
- John Shea as Sam Whitaker
- Jillian Batherson as Gomez
- Beau Brasso as Airmen
- Lena Clark as Mindy
- Damon Lipari as Kevin
- VyVy Nguyen as Elisia
Andrew Smith at Popcorn Pictures said 51 was 'so unimaginative and thin on story' that it was reflective of the current trend to 'play it safe, toe the line and make underwhelming films.'
- 51 at Upcoming Horror Movies
- "SyFy and After Dark Films Unite for Saturday Original Movie Franchise". Broadway World. April 1, 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "After Dark Originals: '51' finds a Director".
- 51 at After Dark Originals
- "After Dark Originals at Comic Con".
- "After Dark Films heads to 'Area 51'".
- "After Dark Originals: First Details on 'Banshee' and '51'". BloodyDisgusting.
- Melissa Girmonte (April 25, 2010). "Bruce Boxleitner Slated to Star in SyFy's '51'". Airlock Alpha. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- 51 (2011) Review Popcorn Pictures