|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||510s 520s 530s – 540s – 550s 560s 570s|
|Years:||544 545 546 – 547 – 548 549 550|
|547 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1300|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
3243 or 3183
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
3244 or 3184
|- Vikram Samvat||603–604|
|- Shaka Samvat||469–470|
|- Kali Yuga||3648–3649|
|Iranian calendar||75 BP – 74 BP|
|Islamic calendar||77 BH – 76 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1365 before ROC
|Seleucid era||858/859 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1089–1090|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 547.|
Year 547 (DXLVII) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 547 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Gothic War: Belisarius recaptures Rome from the Ostrogoths but his Italian campaign is unsuccessful. He is starved of supplies and reinforcements from Constantinople.
- The mosaic panels of Justinian I and Theodora I with attendants, in the Basilica of San Vitale (Ravenna), are made (approximate date).
- Theudebald, age 13, succeeds his father Theudebert I after a reign of 14 years and becomes king of Austrasia (or 548).
- King Ida establishes the kingdom of Bernicia. He builds Bamburgh Castle (northeast England) as a fortress that will become the seat of Anglo-Saxon kings (This according to the Historia Brittonum).
- Battle of Marta: The Byzantine army under John Troglita is defeated by Moorish tribes in Tripolitania. He flees to Lunci (9 km south of Mahares) and is forced to withdraw north to the fortress of Laribus (near modern El Kef).
- Pei Ju, official of the Sui dynasty and Tang dynasty (d. 627)
- Zhu Manyue, empress of Northern Zhou (d. 586)
- Gao Huan, general of Northern Wei (b. 496)
- Maelgwn Hir ap Cadwallon, king of Gwynedd (approximate date)
- February 10 – Scholastica, Christian nun
- Theudebert I, king of Austrasia (or 548)
- Tribonian, Byzantine jurist and author of the Codex Justinianus
- Death of Arthur Pendragon in the Battle of Camlann in Arhturian legend.