|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||520s 530s 540s – 550s – 560s 570s 580s|
|Years:||555 556 557 – 558 – 559 560 561|
|558 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1311|
|Bahá'í calendar||−1286 – −1285|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁丑年 (Fire Ox)
3254 or 3194
— to —
戊寅年 (Earth Tiger)
3255 or 3195
|- Vikram Samvat||614–615|
|- Shaka Samvat||480–481|
|- Kali Yuga||3659–3660|
|Igbo calendar||−442 – −441|
|Iranian calendar||64 BP – 63 BP|
|Islamic calendar||66 BH – 65 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1354 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1101|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 558.|
Year 558 (DLVIII) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 558 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- May 7 – In Constantinople, the dome of the Hagia Sophia collapses due to an earthquake. Emperor Justinian I orders the dome to be rebuilt.
- The Avars and the Slavs occupy the Hungarian Plain on the Balkans. The threat of Avar domination prompt the Lombards to migrate to Italy.
- December 13 – King Chlothar I reunites the Frankish Kingdom after his brother Childebert I has died. He becomes sole ruler of the Franks.
- Conall mac Comgaill becomes king of Dál Riata, a Gaelic overkingdom on the western coast of Scotland.
- Istämi, ruler of the Western Turkic Khaganate, establishes diplomatic relations with the Byzantine Empire.
- The Guanghua Temple in Putian (China) is built during the Chen Dynasty under emperor Chen Wu Di.
- The Bangor Abbey is founded by the Irish abbot Comgall in Northern Ireland (approximate date).
- December 23 – The Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés is dedicated by Germain, bishop of Paris.
- Abraham of Kratia, Christian monk (approximate date)
- December 13 – Childebert I, king of the Franks
- Dugu, Chinese empress of Northern Zhou
- Gabrán mac Domangairt, king of Dál Riata
- May 15 – Hilary of Galeata, Christian monk
- Jing Di, emperor of the Liang Dynasty (b. 543)
- May 13 – John the Silent, bishop and saint
- May 1 – Marcouf, missionary and saint