|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||530s 540s 550s – 560s – 570s 580s 590s|
|Years:||557 558 559 – 560 – 561 562 563|
|560 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1313|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1284 – -1283|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己卯年 (Earth Rabbit)
3256 or 3196
— to —
庚辰年 (Metal Dragon)
3257 or 3197
|- Vikram Samvat||616–617|
|- Shaka Samvat||482–483|
|- Kali Yuga||3661–3662|
|Igbo calendar||-440 – -439|
|Iranian calendar||62 BP – 61 BP|
|Islamic calendar||64 BH – 63 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1352 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1103|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 560.|
Year 560 (DLX) was a leap year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 560 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Adda succeeds his brother Glappa as king of Bernicia (approximate date).
- Ælla becomes king of Deira (this according to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle).
- Ceawlin succeeds his father Cynric as king of Wessex (approximate date).
- Custennin ap Cado abdicates as king of Dumnonia (South West England).
- Elidyr of Strathclyde invades Gwynedd (Wales) and tries to expel his brother-in-law, king Rhun Hir ap Maelgwn.
- Columba quarrels with Finnian of Moville over authorship of a psalter, leading to a pitched battle the next year.
- Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, Arabic leader (d. 652)
- Æthelberht, king of Kent (approximate date)
- Constantina, Byzantine empress (approximate date)
- Eustace of Luxeuil, abbot (approximate date)
- Isidore of Seville, archbishop and scholar
- Richarius, Frankish hermit and monk (approximate date)
- Sophronius, patriarch of Jerusalem (d. 638)
- Tassilo I, duke of Bavaria (d. 610)
- Abraha, Ethiopian Christian viceroy
- Aspasius of Auch, bishop of Éauze
- Audoin, king of the Lombards (approximate date)
- Chen Chang, prince of the Chen Dynasty (b. 537)
- Clodoald, Merovingian prince (approximate date)
- Cynric, king of Wessex (approximate date)
- Domitian of Huy, Frankish bishop and saint
- Glappa, king of Bernicia (approximate date)
- Ming Di, emperor of Northern Zhou (b. 534)
- Thurisind, king of the Gepids (approximate date)
- Yang Yin, official of Northern Qi (b. 511)
- Catholic Encyclopedia St. Isidore of Seville
- Stuart Munro-Hay, "Abraha" in Siegbert von Uhlig, ed., Encyclopaedia Aethiopica: A–C (Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz Verlag, 2003)