|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||80s BC 70s BC 60s BC – 50s BC – 40s BC 30s BC 20s BC|
|Years:||60 BC 59 BC 58 BC – 57 BC – 56 BC 55 BC 54 BC|
|57 BC by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||57 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||697|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXXIII dynasty, 267|
|- Pharaoh||Ptolemy XII Auletes, 24|
|Ancient Greek era||180th Olympiad, year 4|
|Chinese calendar||癸亥年 (Water Pig)
2640 or 2580
— to —
甲子年 (Wood Rat)
2641 or 2581
|Coptic calendar||−340 – −339|
|Ethiopian calendar||−64 – −63|
|- Vikram Samvat||0–1|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3045–3046|
|Iranian calendar||678 BP – 677 BP|
|Islamic calendar||699 BH – 698 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1968 before ROC
|Seleucid era||255/256 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||486–487|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 57 BC.|
Year 57 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Lentulus and Metellus (or, less frequently, year 697 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 57 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Consuls: Publius Cornelius Lentulus Spinther and Quintus Caecilius Metellus Nepos Iunior.
- Julius Caesar sent Servius Sulpicius Galba with Legio XII Fulminata into the country of the Nantuates, Seduni and the Veragri. He occupies the oppidum Octodurus (modern Martigny) in Switzerland.
- Gallic Wars:
- Mithridates III becomes king of Parthia.
- Vikramaditya established Vikram era in 57 BC.
- Bak Hyeokgeose becomes the first ruler of the kingdom of Silla (traditional date).
- The city of Gwangju (the sixth largest city in South Korea) is founded.