5 is a brand of sugar-free chewing gum that is manufactured by the Wrigley Company. The name "5" hints at the five human senses (with the ad slogan "Stimulate Your Senses" and "Everybody Experiences it Differently"). 5 gum was introduced to United States markets in March 2007, in Canada in January 2008, in Russia, Europe and Australia in 2009, in China, India, Italy, Israel, Thailand, and Malaysia in 2010.
The brand features seventeen flavours of chewing gum, all of which are available in the United States with the exception of Cirrus, Zephyr and Evolution. The first three flavors introduced were Peppermint, Spearmint, and Cinnamon; second came Tropical and Berry; and in 2009, Winter mint and Bubble. In March 2010, two new flavors, both named "React" were introduced in the United States along with the slogan: "Everyone Experiences It Differently." "React" comes in both mint and fruit flavors. It was released in Australia in March 2011. 5 also offers a watermelon flavor called "Prism", a Green apple flavor called "Vortex" and a sour tropical flavor called "Swerve".
In Australia, "Pulse" and "React2" were introduced in 2009 and 2011 respectively. A limited edition flavor called "Mutant" was released in Australia as a promotion for X-Men: First Class in May 2011. It was discontinued and later re-released as Cirrus  A flavor called "Evolution" with a sour to sweet citrus pear taste was introduced in Germany and Italy at first and then available to a few other European countries such as Greece and Cyprus.. Also, in June 2012, Wrigley released Cobalt and Rain micro-packs, bottle and mini bottle formats. The bottles contain pellet style gum instead of stick gum in the standard packs. The bottle format is available in Canada as well. Since 2013 there's also a small pouch which contains 15 pellets. It is available in both Focus-flavours
Available Flavors and Markets
|Flavors||United States||Canada||Europe||United Kingdom||Russia||Asia||Australia & New Zealand|
|Fruits||Black Edition (Germany)|
†Discontinued Flavor ††Rereleased Flavor
- United States:
- Cobalt ...a cooling peppermint
- Flare ...a warming cinnamon
- Rain ...a tingling spearmint
- Elixir ...a mouthwatering berry
- Solstice ...a warm and cool winter
- Prism ...an electric watermelon
- Vortex ...a juicy green apple
- React2 ...a unique fruit flavor experience
- React2 ...a unique mint flavor experience
- Lush (rereleased as Swerve in July 2012)...a tangy to sweet tropical
- RPM ...a relaxing mint flavor
- RPM ...an energizing fruit flavor
- Beta ...a hyper sensorial berry
- Other :
- React ...a unique fruit flavor experience
- React ...a unique mint flavor experience
- Zing/Evolve ...a sour to sweet bubble
- Tempest ...a mouthwatering watermelon
- Turbulence ...a mouthwatering watermelon
- Cirrus ...a bursting blueberry
- Evolution ...a sour to sweet citrus pear
- Electro2 ...a tingling spearmint
- Zephyr ...a blast of strawberry
- Ultramarine ...a current of cool mint
- Black Edition ...a dark mystery of fruits
- Focus ...an eye-opening peppermint
- Focus ...an eye-opening spearmint
A package of 5 gum contains 15 sticks of gum in the United States and Canada, or 12 in Europe and Australia. It is a slim packet with three rows of five in North America, or three rows of four in other countries. Ingredients, nutrition facts, and description of the flavor aren't on the outside of the box (except for the European versions), instead they are printed on the outer plastic wrap, e. The flavor description is printed on the inside of the front flap of the box. The foil that the gum is wrapped in is glossy and covered with 5 logos. The wrappers all match the color of the gum inside (except for the American Prism flavor, which has a lime green wrapper with red-orange gum). The original 5 gum variety pack contained three packs of Rain, Cobalt, Lush and Elixir. A new variety pack was introduced in fall 2009 containing the flavors Rain, Cobalt, Solstice and Zing, and another with three packs of Cobalt, Rain, Solstice, and Elixir. The pack has a Tidy Man logo, which is a human figure in the shape of the 5 logo.
- "Wrigley 5". Archived from the original on 29 January 2010. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Wrigley.com - 5 Gum". Archived from the original on 3 March 2009. Retrieved 15 March 2009.
- "5 Gum React". Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Wegmans - 5 Gum". Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "5 Gum Swerve Review". Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Australian 5X Gum Commercial". Archived from the original on 12 May 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "5 Gum Official Website". Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Quickie Stores New Products". Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Wrigley.com : 5 Gum". Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Wrigley.de : 5 Gum Pictures". Retrieved February 2012.
- "Wrigley.de : 5 Gum Pictures". Retrieved September 2012.
- "Wrigley Germany : 5 Gum ULTRAMARINE". Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "5 Gum Black Edition". Retrieved 1 July 2012.