|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|(what is this?)|
6-Br-APB is a synthetic compound that acts as a selective D1 agonist, with the (R)-enantiomer being a potent full agonist, while the (S) enantiomer retains its D1 selectivity but is a weak partial agonist. (R)-6-Br-APB and similar D1-selective full agonists like SKF-81,297 and SKF-82,958 produce characteristic anorectic effects, stereotyped behaviour and self-administration in animals, with a similar but not identical profile to that of dopaminergic stimulants such as amphetamine.
- Neumeyer JL et al. (December 1991). "(+/-)-3-Allyl-6-bromo-7,8-dihydroxy-1-phenyl-2,3,4,5-tetrahydro-1H-3- benzazepin, a new high-affinity D1 dopamine receptor ligand: synthesis and structure-activity relationship". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 34 (12): 3366–71. doi:10.1021/jm00116a004. PMID 1684995.
- Neumeyer JL, Kula NS, Baldessarini RJ, Baindur N (April 1992). "Stereoisomeric probes for the D1 dopamine receptor: synthesis and characterization of R-(+) and S-(-) enantiomers of 3-allyl-7,8-dihydroxy-1-phenyl-2,3,4,5-tetrahydro-1H-3-benzazepine and its 6-bromo analogue". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 35 (8): 1466–71. doi:10.1021/jm00086a016. PMID 1533424.
- Rosenzweig-Lipson S, Hesterberg P, Bergman J (September 1994). "Observational studies of dopamine D1 and D2 agonists in squirrel monkeys". Psychopharmacology 116 (1): 9–18. doi:10.1007/BF02244865. PMID 7862937.
- Weed MR, Woolverton WL (December 1995). "The reinforcing effects of dopamine D1 receptor agonists in rhesus monkeys". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 275 (3): 1367–74. PMID 8531104.
- Barrett AC, Miller JR, Dohrmann JM, Caine SB (2004). "Effects of dopamine indirect agonists and selective D1-like and D2-like agonists and antagonists on cocaine self-administration and food maintained responding in rats". Neuropharmacology. 47 Suppl 1: 256–73. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm.2004.07.007. PMID 15464142.
|This drug article relating to the gastrointestinal system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|