From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 612 BCE)
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||8th century BC – 7th century BC – 6th century BC|
|Decades:||640s BC 630s BC 620s BC – 610s BC – 600s BC 590s BC 580s BC|
|Years:||619 BC 618 BC 617 BC 616 BC 615 BC 614 BC 613 BC 612 BC 611 BC 610 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 619 BC—Alyattes becomes king of Lydia.
- 619 BC—Death of Ji Zheng, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 618 BC—Ji Renchen becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 616 BC—Lucius Tarquinius Priscus becomes the fifth King of Rome.
- 615 BC—Neo-Babylonian kingdom begin attacking Assyrian cities.
- 614 BC—Sack of Assur by the Medes and Babylonians.
- 613 BC—Death of Ji Renchen, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 613 BC—King Zhuang of Chu ascends to the throne of Chu in China
- 612 BC—Ji Ban becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 612 BC—An alliance of Medes, Scythians, Neo-Babylonians and Susianians besiege and conquer Nineveh at the Battle of Nineveh. King Sin-shar-ishkun of Assyria is killed in the sack.
- 612 BC—Ashur-uballit II attempts to keep the Assyrian empire alive by establishing himself as king at Harran.
- 612 BC—Estimation: Babylon, capital of Babylonia becomes the largest city of the world, taking the lead from Nineveh, capital of Assyria.
- 612 BC—Fall of the Assyrian Empire and Rise of the Neo-Babylonian Empire.
- 610 BC—Necho II succeeds Psamtik I (Psammetichus) as king of Egypt.
- 610 BC—Foundation of Naucratis