From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 623 BC)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||8th century BC – 7th century BC – 6th century BC|
|Decades:||650s BC 640s BC 630s BC – 620s BC – 610s BC 600s BC 590s BC|
|Years:||629 BC 628 BC 627 BC 626 BC 625 BC 624 BC 623 BC 622 BC 621 BC 620 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- c. 627 BC—Death of Assurbanipal, king of Assyria; he is succeeded by Assur-etel-ilani.
- 627 BC—Creation of Durrës, at the time Epidamnus.
- 626 BC—Nabopolassar revolts against Assyria, founds the Neo-Babylonian Empire.
- 625 BC—Medes and Babylonians assert their independence from Assyria and attack Nineveh (approximate date).
- c. 625 BC—Orientalizing period of vases ends in Ancient Greece.
- c. 623 BC—Sin-shar-ishkun succeeds his brother Assur-etel-ilani as king of Assyria.
- 622 BC or 621 BC—Text of Deuteronomy found in the Temple in Jerusalem.
- 628 BC—Death of Duke Wen of Jin, China.
- c. 628 BC—Commonly accepted date of the Birth of Zoroaster.
- c. 626 BC—Jeremiah.
- 625 BC—Death of Yuan Taotu, China.
- c. 624 BC—Birth of Thales.