From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||8th century BC – 7th century BC – 6th century BC|
|Decades:||660s BC 650s BC 640s BC – 630s BC – 620s BC 610s BC 600s BC|
|Years:||639 BC 638 BC 637 BC 636 BC 635 BC 634 BC 633 BC 632 BC 631 BC 630 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 639 BC - Interregnum ends and Ancus Marcius becomes the king of Rome.
- 636 BC — Duke Wen of Jin ascends to power in the State of Jin during the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 632 BC — Cylon, Athenian noble, seizes the Acropolis in a failed attempt to become king.
- 632 BC — In the Battle of Chengpu, the Chinese kingdom of Jin and her allies defeat the kingdom of Chu and her allies.
- 631 BC — Founding of Cyrene, a Greek colony in Libya (North Africa) (approximate date).
- 631 BC — Sadyattes becomes king of Lydia.