||This article may contain excessive, poor, or irrelevant examples. (March 2010)|
|Divisors||1, 3, 7, 9, 21, 63|
It is the third Delannoy number.
It is the smallest whole number that can be divided by any number from 1 to 9 without repeating decimals.
It is the sum of the powers of 2 from 0 to 5, equivalently it is a repdigit in bases 2 (111111), 4 (333), and 8 (77).
In base 10 it is a Harshad number.
- Messier object M63, a magnitude 8.5 galaxy in the constellation Canes Venatici, also known as the Sunflower Galaxy.
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -879 April 20 and ended on 401 May. The duration of Saros series 63 was 1280.1 years, and it contained 72 solar eclipses.
- The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -758 October 12 and ended on 739 March. The duration of Saros series 63 was 1496.5 years, and it contained 84 lunar eclipses.
In other fields
- The code for international direct dial calls to the Philippines
- The hull number of the U.S. Navy's aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63)
- The number of the French department Puy-de-Dôme
- The number of groats in a guinea in British pre-decimal currency
- A card game, popular in Carleton County, New Brunswick
- The Stoner 63, a machine gun
- The number of chromosomes found in the offspring of a donkey and a horse
- Class of '63 was a TV movie starring James Brolin (1973)
- Tom Dempsey of New Orleans Saints, Nov. 8, 1970, Jason Elam of the Denver Broncos, Oct. 25, 1988, Sebastian Janikowski of the Oakland Raiders, Sep. 12, 2011 and David Akers of the San Francisco 49ers, Sept. 9, 2012 had NFL record 63-yard field goals
- Michael Jordan scored a record 63 points in a Chicago Bulls –Boston Celtics (double-overtime) NBA playoff game on April 20, 1986
- In U.S. college athletics, schools that are members of NCAA Division I FCS are allowed to provide their football players with athletically-related financial aid equivalent to a total of 63 full athletic scholarships in a given season.
- The number of runs Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes made in his final innings before being fatally struck by a bouncer on November 25th, 2014.
- There are 63 Tractates in the Mishna, the compilation of Jewish Law.
- There are 63 Saints in South Indian Shaivism
- There are 63 Salakapurusas (great beings) in Jain cosmology