|Centuries:||6th century – 7th century – 8th century|
|Decades:||650s 660s 670s – 680s – 690s 700s 710s|
|Years:||677 678 679 – 680 – 681 682 683|
|680 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1433|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1164 – -1163|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己卯年 (Earth Rabbit)
3376 or 3316
— to —
庚辰年 (Metal Dragon)
3377 or 3317
|- Vikram Samvat||736–737|
|- Shaka Samvat||602–603|
|- Kali Yuga||3781–3782|
|Igbo calendar||-320 – -319|
|Minguo calendar||1232 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1223|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 680.|
Year 680 (DCLXXX) was a leap year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 680 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- The Bulgars subjugate the country of current-day Bulgaria.
- Pippin of Herstal becomes Mayor of the Palace.
- Erwig deposes Wamba to become king of the Visigoths.
- Perctarit, king of the Lombards, makes his son Cunincpert co-ruler.
- April 29 or May 1 – Death of Umayyad caliph Muawiyah I who has appointed his son Yazid I to succeed him.
- October 10 – The Battle of Karbala results in the martyrdom of Imam Hussein ibn Ali (grandson of Muhammad) at the hands for the forces of Yazid I.
- In Japan, Empress-consort Uno Sarara is unwell and her husband begins the erection of the Temple of Yakushiji in Asuka, Yamato, and makes 100 persons enter religion as priests, wishing her to recover her health.
- Husain ibn 'Ali, Shi'i religious leader and grandson of the prophet of Islam, enters martyrdom.
- November 12 – The Sixth Ecumenical Council opens in Constantinople and ends September 16, 681.
- January 30 – Balthild, queen of Neustria and Burgundy
- May 6 – Muawiyah I, Sunni caliph
- October 10 – Husayn bin Ali (The Martyr), grandson of Muhammad (see Battle of Karbala)
- Wamba, king of the Visigoths