From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See also: 5th century in architecture, 7th century in architecture and the architecture timeline.
- 500–509 – Basilica des Apôtres constructed.
- About 500 – Arian Baptistry and Archbishop's Chapel, Ravenna completed.
- 504 – Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo, Ravenna dedicated to Christ the Redeemer (completed about 520).
- 520s – Mausoleum of Theodoric, Ravenna completed.
- 523 – Songyue Pagoda of China completed.
- 527 to 536 – Construction of the Church of Saints Sergios and Bacchos in Constantinople.
- 527 to 548 – Construction of the Basilica of San Vitale, Ravenna, begun under the Ostrogoths and finished by the Byzantines.
- 532 to 537 – Hagia Sophia in Constantinople built by Isidore of Miletus and Anthemius of Tralles.
- 549 – Basilica of Sant'Apollinare in Classe near Ravenna consecrated.
- 550 – Rebuilt Church of the Holy Apostles in Constantinople, built by Anthemius of Tralles and Isidore of Miletus, dedicated.
- About 560 – First Nantes Cathedral constructed.
- 569 – Hwangnyongsa temple completed in Gyeongju, Silla.
- About 570 – Basilica of St. Sernin, Toulouse constructed.
- 582 – Daxing (大兴城) founded in China by Emperor Wen of Sui.
- 593 – Gangō-ji (元興寺) temple first built in Asuka, Japan (later moved to Nara).
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2010)