|Centuries:||7th century – 8th century – 9th century|
|Decades:||680s 690s 700s – 710s – 720s 730s 740s|
|Years:||711 712 713 – 714 – 715 716 717|
|714 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1467|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1130 – -1129|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||癸丑年 (Water Ox)
3410 or 3350
— to —
甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
3411 or 3351
|- Vikram Samvat||770–771|
|- Shaka Samvat||636–637|
|- Kali Yuga||3815–3816|
|Igbo calendar||-286 – -285|
|Japanese calendar||Wadō 7
|Minguo calendar||1198 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1257|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 714.|
Year 714 (DCCXIV) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 714 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- February 28 – An earthquake strikes Syria.
- The Tibetan invasion of China's Tang Dynasty is defeated.
- Emperor Xuanzong of Tang forbids all commercial vendors and shops in the Chinese capital city of Chang'an to copy and sell Buddhist sutras, so that the emperor can give the clergy of the Buddhist monasteries the sole right to distribute written sutras to the laity.
- King Radbod of the Frisians defeats Charles Martel; Frisia becomes independent.
- Zaragoza falls to the Arab armies of Musa bin Nusair.
- On the death of Pepin II, his illegitimate son Charles Martel becomes mayor of the Austrasian palace and effective power behind the Frankish throne.
- December 16 – Pippin of Herstal, Mayor of the Palace and de facto ruler of the Franks
- Emperor Shang of Tang