|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||40s 50s 60s – 70s – 80s 90s 100s|
|Years:||72 73 74 – 75 – 76 77 78|
|75 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||828|
|Chinese calendar||甲戌年 (Wood Dog)
2771 or 2711
— to —
乙亥年 (Wood Pig)
2772 or 2712
|Coptic calendar||−209 – −208|
|- Vikram Samvat||131–132|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3176–3177|
|Iranian calendar||547 BP – 546 BP|
|Islamic calendar||564 BH – 563 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1837 before ROC
|Seleucid era||386/387 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||617–618|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 75.|
Year 75 (LXXV) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Vespasianus (or, less frequently, year 828 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 75 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Emperor Vespasianus and his son Titus Caesar Vespasianus become Roman Consul.
- Temple of Peace, also known as the Forum of Vespasian, is built in Rome. The temple celebrates the conquest of Jerusalem (in 70) and houses the Menorah from Herod's Temple.
- Vespasian fortified Armazi (Georgia) for the Iberian king Mithridates I. The Alans raid the Roman frontier in Armenia.
- Sextus Julius Frontinus becomes governor of Britannia and make his headquarters in Isca Augusta (Wales).
- Frontinus begins his conquest of Wales, Legio II Augusta is moved to the border of the River Usk.
- Caerwent is founded by the Romans as the market town of Venta Silurum, a settlement of the Silures.
- Accession of Han Zhangdi.
- Revolt against the Chinese in Tarim: Cachera and Turpan are besieged. Luoyang orders the evacuation of Tarim. Ban Chao makes the rebels retreat towards Khotan. At the same time, the Chinese army of Ganzhou reconquers Turpan in Northern Xiongnu. Ban Chao convinces the emperor of the need to control Central Asia in the fight against Xiongnu.