|Centuries:||7th century – 8th century – 9th century|
|Decades:||720s 730s 740s – 750s – 760s 770s 780s|
|Years:||753 754 755 – 756 – 757 758 759|
|756 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1509|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1088 – -1087|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||乙未年 (Wood Goat)
3452 or 3392
— to —
丙申年 (Fire Monkey)
3453 or 3393
|- Vikram Samvat||812–813|
|- Shaka Samvat||678–679|
|- Kali Yuga||3857–3858|
|Igbo calendar||-244 – -243|
|Japanese calendar||Tenpyō-shōhō 8
|Minguo calendar||1156 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1299|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 756.|
Year 756 (DCCLVI) was a leap year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 756 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- May 14 – Battle of Musarah: Abd al-Rahman I defeats Yusuf ibn 'Abd al-Rahman al-Fihri in a battle for control of the Iberian Peninsula and re-establishes the Umayyad dynasty at Córdoba in Al-Andalus, modern-day Spain.
- Pepin the Short defeats the Lombards of northern Italy, who have threatened Pope Stephen II. The second Donation of Pepin is a cession of lands including Ravenna that will become the basis of the Papal States.
- Desiderius succeeds Aistulf as king of the Lombards.
- Vinekh succeeds Kormisosh as king of Bulgaria.
- January 8 – An Lushan Rebellion against the Tang Dynasty of China: The army of An Lushan crosses the Yellow River, going on to capture Chenliu, Yingyang and Luoyang.
- February 5 – An Lushan declares himself first Emperor of Yan (An–Shi) at Luoyang.
- July 14 – The Emperor Xuanzong of Tang flees the Tang Dynasty capital Chang'an for Sichuan as An Lushan's forces advance through the Tongguan pass toward the city.
- July 15 – During Emperor Xuanzong's flight, his soldiers are provoked to kill his chancellor Yang Guozhong and compel him to execute his consort Yang Guifei. An Lushan also has other members of the Emperor's family killed.
- August 12 – Emperor Suzong of Tang ascends to the throne, after his father Emperor Xuanzong abdicates.
- The Tang army, led by Zhang Xun, successfully defends their fortress against the rebels in the Battle of Yongqiu.
- July 15 – Yang Guozhong, Chinese chancellor of the Tang Dynasty
- December – Aistulf, king of the Lombards
- Emperor Shōmu, emperor of Japan (b. 701)
- Yang Guifei, consort of Emperor Xuanzong (executed)
- Gao Xianzhi, ethnic Korean general in service of the Chinese Tang Dynasty
- Feng Changqing