76th Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2009)|
|German 76th Infantry Division|
|Active||26 August 1939 –1945|
|Engagements||World War II|
The 76th Infantry Division was created on 26 August 1939 together with the 23rd Infantry Division in Potsdam. The division was annihilated in the Battle of Stalingrad and reformed by the OB West on 17 February 1943.
- General der Artillerie Maximilian de Angelis, 1 September 1939
- Generalleutnant Carl Rodenburg, 26 January 1942
- General der Infanterie Erich Abraham, 1 April 1943
- Generalleutnant Otto-Hermann Brücker, July 1944
- General der Infanterie Erich Abraham, August 1944
- Generalleutnant Siegfried von Rekowski, 17 October 1944
- Oberst Dr. Wilhelm-Moritz Freiherr von Bissing, 8 February 1945
- Generalmajor Erhard-Heinrich Berner, 14 February 1945
- Wendel, Marcus (2004). "76. Infanterie-Division".
- "76. Infanterie-Division". German language article at www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de. Retrieved March 17, 2008.
|This German World War II article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|