77th Oregon Legislative Assembly
|77th Oregon Legislative Assembly|
|Legislative body||Oregon Legislative Assembly|
|Meeting place||Oregon State Capitol|
|Oregon State Senate|
|Senate President||Peter Courtney (D)|
|Majority Leader||Diane Rosenbaum (D)|
|Minority Leader||Ted Ferrioli (R)|
|Oregon House of Representatives|
|Speaker of the House||Tina Kotek (D)|
|Majority Leader||Val Hoyle (D)|
|Minority Leader||Mike McLane (R)|
The 77th Oregon Legislative Assembly convened beginning on January 14, 2013, for the first of its two regular sessions, and on February 3, 2014 for its second session. All of the 60 seats in the House of Representatives and 16 of the 30 seats in the State Senate were up for election in 2012; the general election for those seats took place on November 6, 2012.
The Democratic Party of Oregon retained its 16–14 majority in the Senate, and took a 34–26 majority in the House, which in the previous session had been split evenly with the Oregon Republican Party.
The Oregon State Senate is composed of 16 Democrats and 14 Republicans, the same composition as the previous session.
Based on the results of the 2012 elections, the Oregon House of Representatives is composed of 34 Democrats and 26 Republicans. Prior to the elections, the House was evenly split between 30 Democrats and 30 Republicans.
- "2012 Election Results: Oregon Legislature". OregonLive.com. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- Resigned to join staff of Portland mayor Charlie Hales.
- Giegerich, Andy (October 16, 2013). "Dingfelder leaves Oregon Senate for Hales' staff". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- House, Kelly (November 18, 2013). "Rep. Michael Dembrow to replace Jackie Dingfelder in state Senate". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- Resigned December 31, 2013, after being appointed to Oregon Court of Appeals.
- Gaston, Christian (December 24, 2013). "Oregon Rep. Chris Garrett gets judicial nod, triggering another appointment for the Oregon House". The Oregonian. Retrieved January 10, 2013.
- Harbanger, Molly (January 29, 2014). "Ann Lininger, former Clackamas County commissioner, wins Lake Oswego-Southwest Portland legislative seat". The Oregonian. Retrieved January 29, 2014.
- Resigned to become State Senator for District 23.
- House, Kelly (December 19, 2013). "Barbara Smith Warner to replace Michael Dembrow in Oregon state House". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 20, 2013.
- Chronology of regular legislative sessions from Oregon Blue Book
- Chronology of special legislative sessions from Blue Book