7 Seconds of Love
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|7 Seconds of Love|
|Genres||Ska, 2 Tone|
7 Seconds of Love are an English ska/2 Tone band, fronted by musician and animator Joel Veitch that writes and plays songs with often nonsensical lyrics. Veitch animates many videos of the band's songs, such as "Ninja" and "First Drink of the Day". Some songs have had videos directed by guitarist Pat Schulenburg, such as their most recent production "Twister". The band regularly tours the United Kingdom. The animations are available on Veitch's website and the band's site.
The band's first official single was "Twister" as an iTunes exclusive, and they then released "Love Me Like You Used To" and "Ninja" as a double A-side single. Originally the MP3's of these tunes were available free, but these are new, fully re-recorded versions available for sale.
The band's debut album, Danger is Dangerous, was released in September 2008.
In April 2013, singer Joel Veitch announced on Twitter that the band would no longer be playing live, due to "kids and moves and stuff".
- Joel Veitch (aka Stallion Explosion): singer, ukulele, fireballs
- Pat Schulenburg (aka Cap'n Pat, aka Skipper): guitar
- Alex Veitch (aka Mighty Mighty Veitch Man; aka Oom Voom or Oom): keyboard, backing vocals
- Ed Harding (aka Mr Ed; aka Love Tubes): trumpet
- Ian Paterson (aka Chaynsaw): saxophone
- Stephen Pattison (aka Bass Cadet; aka Kelp Giant or Bear Slayer): bass guitar
- Ed Snow (aka Skankhammer): drums
- Sam McGovern-Scott (aka S-Dawgg) : Lust Guitar, Sex Bongos
The band sought legal advice after a Coca-Cola advertisement in Argentina featured music and animation similar to that of the film clip for Ninja, which the band had made available on their MySpace account and on YouTube.
After talks, Coca-Cola agreed to an out of court settlement of an undisclosed sum.
- Official website
- 7 Seconds of Love on Myspace
- NME - 7 Seconds of Love
- Moles Club - 7 Seconds of Love
|This article on a United Kingdom rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|