||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)
The 7th millennium is a period of time that will begin on January 1, 6001, and will end on December 31, 7000.
Astronomical events 
These are astronomical dates, so they are given in the astronomical format of Year Month Day, which allows them to be ordered.
Science fiction 
- The events of the video game series Xenosaga take place sometime in the early 6000s. Due to the vagueness of the times given in Episode 1 of the series ('20xx' followed by '4000 years in the future'), it is possible the events cross over into the 62nd century. Contrary to this, the dates given in Xenogears Perfect Works would place Xenosaga's events in the year 7277. The Xenogears timeline does not apply to the Xenosaga timeline. At one time the two story arcs were believed to exist in the same fictional universe as many of those involved with the design and development of Xenogears continued to work on Xenosaga. However it has been stated on several occasions that the two universes are not directly related in any way.
- In Doctor Who, the Doctor's daughter Jenny was born on July 24, 6012 in the 61st Century on the planet Messaline, which humans had colonised along with the amphibuous Hath. By this time cloning technology that can duplicate an adult human within seconds and implant knowledge into their mind has been perfected.
- The first Flash Jay Garrick met a foe Dmane from the year 6946, who was accidentally sent back to 1946 when he was about to be executed for rebelling against the Government. He is sent back to his own time and executed. The beings of his era have larger, more pointed heads.
- Flash Rogues Gallery member Abra Kadabra originally came from the 64th Century, according to his first comics appearance in February 1962. He was exiled to the past by the tyrannical Central Clockworks that rule Earth.
- In the song "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans, it is predicted that by the year 6565 mating will cease to exist in its current form, and children will be chosen from a "long glass tube".
- The song "Here in 6048" by the Italian power metal band Vision Divine, makes multiple references about life in the 7th millenium.
- 6025 was the stage name of former Dead Kennedys songwriter and rhythm guitarist, Carlos Cadona.