||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2012)|
|Headquarters||New York City|
800score is an American educational preparation company and the largest online GMAT examination preparation website. It exclusively prepares customers for the GMAT and GRE graduate school admission examinations. It operates as an entirely self-study-based program that provides customers with 600 pages, sample tests and videos online.
The company has had over 150,000 customers since its founding in 1999. 800score was founded by Sean Selinger, a Cornell University graduate and Cornell National Scholar. and many of the other developers have scored above the 99th percentile on the GMAT or GRE.
The company's educational strategy employs sample GMAT and GRE examinations in Computerized adaptive testing format (CAT), hundreds of practice questions, essay guides and practice-timed essays, time pacing training as well as 24-hour tutor support.
Bloomberg Businessweek reviewed 800score and found it most suitable to students who are "self-motivated and disciplined". The company's founder, Sean Selinger, also contributes an advice column to the publication that presents test-taking tips drawn from 800score's strategies.
- Karen Schweitzer. "800score.com GMAT Test Prep". about.com.
- Francesca Di Meglio (July 11, 2011). "GMAT Test Prep: A Primer". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- About 800score.com
- Sean Selinger (June 13, 2012). "GMAT Tip: Sentence Error Types". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Sean Selinger (March 28, 2012). "GMAT Tip: The Two Minute Rule". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Mary Sanderson (2006). "Graduate school entrance tests". US News & World Report. Retrieved 09/02/2007.