From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||8th century – 9th century – 10th century|
|Decades:||800s 810s 820s – 830s – 840s 850s 860s|
|Years:||828 829 830 – 831 – 832 833 834|
|831 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1584|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1013 – -1012|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
3527 or 3467
— to —
辛亥年 (Metal Pig)
3528 or 3468
|- Vikram Samvat||887–888|
|- Shaka Samvat||753–754|
|- Kali Yuga||3932–3933|
|Igbo calendar||-169 – -168|
|Japanese calendar||Tenchō 8
|Minguo calendar||1081 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1374|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 831.|
- In this year, an Uyghur Turk sues the son of a Chinese Tang Dynasty grand general who had failed to repay a debt of 11 million government-issued copper coins. Emperor Wenzong of Tang soon hears the news, and is so upset that he not only banishes the general, but attempts to ban all trade between Chinese and foreigners except for goods and livestock. This ban is unsuccessful, and trade with foreigners resumes, especially in maritime affairs overseas.
- Large-scale Abbasid raid under Caliph al-Ma'mun into Cappadocia. Heraclea Cybistra and Tyana fall to the Arabs, and the Byzantine emperor Theophilos is defeated by Al-Abbas ibn al-Ma'mun
- Malamir succeeds Omurtag as Khan of Bulgaria.
- The Saracens capture Palermo.
- Louis the Pious is reinstated following the end of the first civil war of his reign.
- Nominoe is designed missus imperatoris by Louis the Pious and ducatus ipsius gentis of the Bretons.