88th Brigade (United Kingdom)
The 88th Brigade was a formation of the British Army. It was originally formed from regular army battalions serving away from home in the British Empire. It was assigned to the 29th Division and served on the Western Front and the Gallipoli Campaign and in Egypt during the First World War.
The infantry battalions did not all serve at once, but all were assigned to the brigade during the war.
- 4th Battalion, Worcestershire Regiment
- 2nd Battalion, Hampshire Regiment
- 1st Battalion, Essex Regiment
- 1st Battalion, Royal Newfoundland Regiment
- 1/5th Battalion, Royal Scots
- 2/1st Battalion, London Regiment
- 2nd Battalion, Leinster Regiment
- 88th Machine Gun Company
- 88th Trench Mortar Battery
- "29th Division". The Long Long Trail. Retrieved 20 January 2012.