From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 895. For the number, see 895 (number).
|Centuries:||8th century – 9th century – 10th century|
|Decades:||860s 870s 880s – 890s – 900s 910s 920s|
|Years:||892 893 894 – 895 – 896 897 898|
|895 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1648|
|Bahá'í calendar||−949 – −948|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
3591 or 3531
— to —
乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
3592 or 3532
|- Vikram Samvat||951–952|
|- Shaka Samvat||817–818|
|- Kali Yuga||3996–3997|
|Igbo calendar||−105 – −104|
|Japanese calendar||Kanpyō 7
|Minguo calendar||1017 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1438|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 895.|
- The Taghlibi chieftain Hamdan ibn Hamdun is defeated and captured by the Abbasid caliph al-Mu'tadid. Hamdan's son Husayn enters caliphal service, beginning the rise of the Hamdanid dynasty.
- The seven tribes of the Magyars settle in the Carpathian Basin under the leadership of Árpád (The traditional date of 896 held during the 20th century has proved to be erroneous). People think of them as returning Huns, thus the Magyars come to be known as Hungarians.
- Bohemia breaks away from Great Moravia.
- Arnulf of Carinthia undertakes his second Italian campaign.
- The Danes begin raids on Sussex, England.
- Approximate date of composition of the Musica enchiriadis, the beginnings of western polyphonic music.
- August 24 – Guthred, king of Northumbria
- Hugh, Duke of Alsace
- Minamoto no Tōru, Japanese poet and statesman
- Muiredach mac Eochocáin, king of Ulaid
- Wibod, bishop of Parma
- Fujiwara no Yasunori, Japanese court noble