From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||8th century – 9th century – 10th century|
|Decades:||860s 870s 880s – 890s – 900s 910s 920s|
|Years:||893 894 895 – 896 – 897 898 899|
|896 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1649|
|Bahá'í calendar||-948 – -947|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
3592 or 3532
— to —
丙辰年 (Fire Dragon)
3593 or 3533
|- Vikram Samvat||952–953|
|- Shaka Samvat||818–819|
|- Kali Yuga||3997–3998|
|Igbo calendar||-104 – -103|
|Japanese calendar||Kanpyō 8
|Minguo calendar||1016 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1439|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 896.|
- Decisive Bulgarian victory over Magyars in the Battle of Southern Buh.
- The Bulgarians, under Simeon I, defeat the Byzantine Empire at Bulgarophygon.
- The Eastern Franks invade and conquer Italy under the leadership of Arnulf of Carinthia.
- Alfred the Great restores the city walls of London.
- Serbian pretender Klonimir is defeated by his ruling cousin, Petar.
- January 13 – Emperor Zhaozong appoints Li Keyong as the Prince of Jin, who begins his reign as first emperor of Jin following the collapse of the Tang Dynasty in China.
- Spring – The thirty-year rebellion by the Kharijites in the Jazira is ended by the Abbasid Caliphate.
- April – Pope Boniface VI succeeds Pope Formosus as the 112th pope.
- May – Pope Stephen VI (also referred to as Stephen VII) succeeds Pope Boniface VI as the 113th pope.