From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 907. For the number, see 907 (number).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||870s 880s 890s – 900s – 910s 920s 930s|
|Years:||904 905 906 – 907 – 908 909 910|
|907 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1660|
|Bahá'í calendar||−937 – −936|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
3603 or 3543
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
3604 or 3544
|- Vikram Samvat||963–964|
|- Shaka Samvat||829–830|
|- Kali Yuga||4008–4009|
|Igbo calendar||−93 – −92|
|Japanese calendar||Engi 7
|Minguo calendar||1005 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1450|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 907.|
- Start of the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period in China.
- February 27 – Yelü Abaoji, Great Khan of the Khitan people, is enthroned as Emperor Taizu of Liao, establishing the Liao dynasty in northern China.
- May 12 – The short-lived Qi kingdom is founded by Li Maozhen in northwest China.
- June 1
- The Wuyue kingdom is founded by Qian Liu in Hangzhou.
- Oleg of Novgorod leads the Kievan Rus' in a campaign against Constantinople in the Rus'–Byzantine War, concluded by the Rus'–Byzantine Treaty (in which the city of Chernihiv in the Ukraine is first mentioned).
- July 4–7 – Battle of Pressburg: At "Brezalauspurc" (probably modern-day Bratislava in Slovakia) the advancing East Francian army is defeated by the Hungarians; thus East Francia loses control of the March of Pannonia.
- February 1 – Nicholas Mystikos is deposed as Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople (having fallen out with the Byzantine Emperor Leo VI) and replaced by Euthymius Syncellus.
- May 2 – Boris I, Knyaz (Prince) of the First Bulgarian Empire (852–889)
- Probable date – Árpád, Hungarian ruling prince (ruled 895–907)