From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 908. For the number, see 908 (number). For other uses, see 908 (disambiguation).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||870s 880s 890s – 900s – 910s 920s 930s|
|Years:||905 906 907 – 908 – 909 910 911|
|908 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1661|
|Chinese calendar||丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
3604 or 3544
— to —
戊辰年 (Earth Dragon)
3605 or 3545
|- Vikram Samvat||964–965|
|- Shaka Samvat||830–831|
|- Kali Yuga||4009–4010|
|Japanese calendar||Engi 8
|Minguo calendar||1004 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1219/1220 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1450–1451|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 908.|
- The Battle of Belach Mugna is fought in Ireland.
- August 2 – An invading Hungarian army defeats the Thuringian army of margrave Burchard, in the Battle of Eisenach, killing him, together with count Egino and Rudolf the bishop of Würzburg.
- March 26 – Zhu Wen has Li Zhu, the last Tang dynasty emperor, poisoned.
- December 17 – Husayn ibn Hamdan leads an attempt to depose the newly-appointed Abbasid Caliph in Baghdad, al-Muqtadir, and install his uncle Ibn al-Mu'tazz. The plotters kill vizier al-Abbas ibn al-Hasan al-Jarjara'i but fail to capture al-Muqtadir, leading to the coup's collapse.
- Snow falls in the city of Baghdad.
- date unknown
- August 3
- December 17
- date unknown
- Al-Muktafi, Abbasid caliph
- Abdullah ibn al-Mu'tazz, poet and caliph of the Abbasid dynasty for a day, following the death of Al-Muktafi
- Aidi (Zhaoxuan), last emperor of the Tang Dynasty
- Yaghoub Leis, Iranian revolutionary
- Li Keyong, Shatuo Turks who laid the foundation for the Later Tang in China (b. 856)