From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 924. For the number, see 924 (number). For the car, see Porsche 924. For the sleep disorder, see Non-24.
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||890s 900s 910s – 920s – 930s 940s 950s|
|Years:||921 922 923 – 924 – 925 926 927|
|924 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1677|
|Chinese calendar||癸未年 (Water Goat)
3620 or 3560
— to —
甲申年 (Wood Monkey)
3621 or 3561
|- Vikram Samvat||980–981|
|- Shaka Samvat||846–847|
|- Kali Yuga||4025–4026|
|Japanese calendar||Enchō 2
|Minguo calendar||988 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1235/1236 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1466–1467|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 924.|
- King Athelstan succeeds to the throne of Mercia.
- March 24 – A Hungarian army, led by Szalard, burns the city of Pavia in Italy. Than they pillage Provence, southern France and Gothia.
- A Hungarian army attacks Saxony and forces king Henry the Fowler to retreat at the castle of Werla. The king agrees to pay them tribute for 9 years.
- Emperor Taizu of Liao leads another campaign to the west, reaching the former Uyghur capital on the Orkhon River. The Zubu begin to offer tribute to the Khitans.
- Goryeo sends a second mission to Abaoji of the Khitan.
- The Nanping State is founded by Gao Jichang in central China.
- The Qi State in northwest China falls to the Later Tang.
- Ælfweard of Wessex, son of Edward the Elder
- Damian of Tarsus, Muslim governor of Tarsus
- Fruela II of León
- July 17 – Edward the Elder of England
- July 18 – Abu'l-Hasan Ali ibn al-Furat, Abbasid vizier (b. 855)
- Li Maozhen
- Ordoño II of León