From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||890s 900s 910s – 920s – 930s 940s 950s|
|Years:||925 926 927 – 928 – 929 930 931|
|928 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1681|
|Bahá'í calendar||−916 – −915|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁亥年 (Fire Pig)
3624 or 3564
— to —
戊子年 (Earth Rat)
3625 or 3565
|- Vikram Samvat||984–985|
|- Shaka Samvat||850–851|
|- Kali Yuga||4029–4030|
|Igbo calendar||−72 – −71|
|Japanese calendar||Enchō 6
|Minguo calendar||984 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1471|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 928.|
- Dao Kang Di succeeds Gong Hui Di and is followed in the same year by Tai Zu, all of the Dali Gu Dynasty in southeast China.
- Jayavarman IV succeeds Isanavarman II in the Khmer Empire, and moves the capital north from Angkor to Koh Ker.
- Henry the Fowler conquers Brandenburg from the Slavs.
- Marozia and Guy of Tuscany seize power in Rome, imprisoning and then killing Pope John X.
- During reign of Croatian king Trpimir II, Pope Leo VI abolished the Nin Bishopric and transferred Bishop Gregory (Croatian: Grgur Ninski) to Skradin. That was the end of the long running dispute between the Split and Nin Bishoprics.
- Tryphon succeeds Stephanus II as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- May – Pope Leo VI succeeds Pope John X as the 123rd pope.
- December – Pope Stephen VII succeeds Pope Leo VI as the 124th pope.
- Porsche 928, a sports GT car