From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 930. For the number, see 930 (number).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||900s 910s 920s – 930s – 940s 950s 960s|
|Years:||927 928 929 – 930 – 931 932 933|
|930 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1683|
|Bahá'í calendar||−914 – −913|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己丑年 (Earth Ox)
3626 or 3566
— to —
庚寅年 (Metal Tiger)
3627 or 3567
|- Vikram Samvat||986–987|
|- Shaka Samvat||852–853|
|- Kali Yuga||4031–4032|
|Igbo calendar||−70 – −69|
|Japanese calendar||Enchō 8
|Minguo calendar||982 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1473|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 930.|
- With the establishment of the Althing, now one of the world's oldest parliaments, the Icelandic Commonwealth is founded.
- Mardavij Ibn Ziyar was sent by Asfar together with the latter's brother Shirzad to conquer the fortress of Shamiran in Tarum from the Sallarid Muhammad Ibn Musafir. During the siege he was persuaded to revolt against Asfar by letters from Makan and the Sallarid who both promised him aid. With the help of the sons of the Sallarid he took Shirzad by surprise and killed him together with twenty-nine chiefs of the Varudavand, the tribe of Asfar. As he approached Asfar in Qazvin, the army of the latter went over to him. Asfar fled, and Mardavij inherited his territories, Ray, Qazvin, Zanjan, Abhar, Qum and Karaj.
- Emperor Suzaku ascends to the throne of Japan.
- The independent Korean island state of Usanguk becomes a protectorate of Goryeo.
- Battle of Gochang: Goryeo armies defeat Hubaekje.
- Prince Bei, elder brother of the Khitan Emperor, leaves for China.