From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 939. For the number, see 939 (number). For the CPU socket, see Socket 939.
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||900s 910s 920s – 930s – 940s 950s 960s|
|Years:||936 937 938 – 939 – 940 941 942|
|939 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1692|
|Bahá'í calendar||−905 – −904|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
3635 or 3575
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
3636 or 3576
|- Vikram Samvat||995–996|
|- Shaka Samvat||861–862|
|- Kali Yuga||4040–4041|
|Igbo calendar||−61 – −60|
|Japanese calendar||Tengyō 2
|Minguo calendar||973 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1482|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 939.|
- Edmund I succeeds to the throne of England.
- The Arabs lose Madrid to the Kingdom of Leon.
- The Battle of Andernach: Otto I crushes the rebellion against his rule by a coalition of Eberhard of Franconia and other princes opposed to his rule.
- July 8 – The Major Occultation, or Ghaybat el-Kubra of Muhammad al-Mahdi
- July 14 – Pope Stephen VIII succeeds Pope Leo VII as the 127th pope.
- July 13 – Pope Leo VII
- October 2 – Gilbert, Duke of Lorraine
- October 27 – Æthelstan, King of the English