From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 949 BC)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||11th century BC – 10th century BC – 9th century BC|
|Decades:||970s BC 960s BC 950s BC – 940s BC – 930s BC 920s BC 910s BC|
|Years:||949 BC 948 BC 947 BC 946 BC 945 BC 944 BC 943 BC 942 BC 941 BC 940 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 949 BC Mahaparinirvana of the historical Buddha Shakyamuni Siddharta, according to far eastern schools of Buddhism.
- 947 BC—Death of Zhou mo wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 946 BC—Zhou gong wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 945 BC—Egypt: Psusennes III dies, the last king of the Twenty-first Dynasty. Shoshenq I succeeds him, the founder of the Twenty-second Dynasty.
- 940 BC—The Temple of Solomon was finished being built.