From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||920s 930s 940s – 950s – 960s 970s 980s|
|Years:||947 948 949 – 950 – 951 952 953|
|950 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1703|
|Bahá'í calendar||-894 – -893|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
3646 or 3586
— to —
庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
3647 or 3587
|- Vikram Samvat||1006–1007|
|- Shaka Samvat||872–873|
|- Kali Yuga||4051–4052|
|Igbo calendar||-50 – -49|
|Japanese calendar||Tenryaku 4
|Minguo calendar||962 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1493|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 950.|
- World population is estimated to be 250 million.
- Duke Boleslav I of Bohemia makes peace with Otto I.
- Lothair II, king of Italy dies and his widow, Adelaide of Italy, is overthrown by an usurper, Berengar of Ivrea.
- Page with Joshua Leading the Israelites, from the Joshua Roll, is made in Constantinople. It is now kept at Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, Rome (approximate date).
- The Tu'i Tonga Empire begins to form in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Later Han Dynasty in China falls.
- Sayf al-Daula leads 30,000 men in a raid into Byzantine Anatolia. He defeats Bardas Phokas, but is then ambushed on his return and heavily defeated by Leo Phokas.
- November 22 – King Lothair II of Italy
- Hywel Dda ("the Good") of Wales
- Al-Farabi, philosopher (b. 870)