From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 954. For the number, see 954 (number).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||920s 930s 940s – 950s – 960s 970s 980s|
|Years:||951 952 953 – 954 – 955 956 957|
|954 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1707|
|Chinese calendar||癸丑年 (Water Ox)
3650 or 3590
— to —
甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
3651 or 3591
|- Vikram Samvat||1010–1011|
|- Shaka Samvat||876–877|
|- Kali Yuga||4055–4056|
|Japanese calendar||Tenryaku 8
|Minguo calendar||958 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1265/1266 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1496–1497|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 954.|
- King Máel Coluim I of Scotland is killed in battle against the Highlanders. He is succeeded by Indulf I of Scotland.
- Chateau Chinon is built by Theobald I of Blois.
- A Hungarian army led by Bulcsú fights in Germany against Otto I, than goes to France where it besieges many monasteries and the city of Cambrai. They return home in northern Italy.
- On the death of Eric Bloodaxe, Edred becomes the first king of all England.
- Principality of Seborga claims its independence
- September 10 – King Louis IV of France (b. 920)
- King Eric I of Norway
- Guo Wei, also known as Emperor Taizu of Later Zhou
- Feng Tao
- Liu Min