From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 958 BC)
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||11th century BC – 10th century BC – 9th century BC|
|Decades:||980s BC 970s BC 960s BC – 950s BC – 940s BC 930s BC 920s BC|
|Years:||959 BC 958 BC 957 BC 956 BC 955 BC 954 BC 953 BC 952 BC 951 BC 950 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 959 BC—Psusennes II succeeds Siamun as king of Egypt.
- 957 BC—The reign of Mu Wang of the Zhou Dynasty ends.
- 952 BC—Thersippus, King of Athens dies after a reign of 41 years and is succeeded by his son Phorbas.
- 950 BC—Northern Egypt starts to be ruled by Libyan pharaohs. The Libyans build cities and for the first time a sturdy urban life grows up in the Nile Delta.
- c. 950 BC–800 BC—Some early parts of the Bible are written.