95th/Dan Ryan (CTA station)
|Address||15 West 95th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60620
|Structure type||Surface Level|
|Platforms||1 Island platform|
|Opened||September 28, 1969|
|Rebuilt||2000–01 (elevator added, minor renovations), 2003 (bus terminal renovations), 2014–16 (reconstruction, planned)|
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Formerly||95th, 95th/State (Station Sign)|
|Passengers (2012)||3,982,594 0.9%|
95th/Dan Ryan (or simply 95th) is a rapid transit station on the Chicago 'L' system in the median of the Dan Ryan Expressway in Chicago's Roseland neighborhood. Currently, it serves as the southern terminus of the Chicago Transit Authority's Red Line. This station was the system's fourth busiest in 2009. Trains take 30 minutes to travel to the Loop, and 66 minutes to reach Howard.
Approximately 50,000 people go through the terminal every day. Many commuters from the far south side or south suburbs connect to 95th Street via the CTA and/or Pace bus systems. 95th/Dan Ryan is the southernmost stop in the CTA system. In 2006, Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. announced plans to extend Red Line service further south.[when?] Proposed new stations would include 103rd street, 111th Street, 115th Street and will end at 130th Street.
95th Street Terminal Renovation project
After the Red Line South Reconstruction project is completed in October 2013, The CTA is planning to do a renovation project that will cost $240 million and will expand, improve and rebuild the entire 95th Street terminal, the terminal station will remain open during the project and the project will begin in fall 2014.
- #N5 South Shore Night Bus (Owl Service)
- #N9 Ashland (Owl Service)
- #29 State
- #34 South Michigan (Owl Service)
- #95E 93rd/95th
- #95W West 95th
- #100 Jeffery Manor Express
- #103 West 103rd
- #106 East 103rd
- #108 Halsted/95th
- #111 111th/King Drive
- #112 Vincennes/111th
- #115 Pullman/115th
- #119 Michigan/119th
- #352 Halsted
- #353 95th-River Oaks/Homewood
- #359 Robbins/South Kedzie Avenue
- #381 95th Street
- #395 CTA 95th St. Station/UPS Hodgkins
- #772 Brookfield Zoo Express-Red Line
Greyhound Bus Lines
- "Annual Ridership Report: Calendar Year 2011" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "CTA Red Line Extension". Chicago Transit Authority. Retrieved September 5, 2012.
- "Greyhound.com Locations: Chicago 95th & Dan Ryan, Illinois". Greyhound. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- 95th/Dan Ryan Station Page at Chicago-'L'.org
- Train schedule (PDF) at CTA official site
- 95th/Dan Ryan Station Page CTA official site
- Greyhound Chicago 95th & Dan Ryan Station
- State Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Lafayette Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 95th (CTA).|