From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 982. For the number, see 982 (number).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||950s 960s 970s – 980s – 990s 1000s 1010s|
|Years:||979 980 981 – 982 – 983 984 985|
|982 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1735|
|Bahá'í calendar||−862 – −861|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||辛巳年 (Metal Snake)
3678 or 3618
— to —
壬午年 (Water Horse)
3679 or 3619
|- Vikram Samvat||1038–1039|
|- Shaka Samvat||904–905|
|- Kali Yuga||4083–4084|
|Igbo calendar||−18 – −17|
|Japanese calendar||Tengen 5
|Minguo calendar||930 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1525|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 982.|
- July 13 – The Kalbids troops of the emir of Sicily defeat the imperial German army of Otto II near Crotone.
- Harald Bluetooth king of Denmark invades Norway, pillaging south-west Norway all the way to Stadt where he encounters Haakon Sigurdsson and his army and flees back to Denmark ending the invasion.
- Yelu Longxu becomes the sixth emperor of the Liao Dynasty.
- The Buyid ruler, 'Adud al-Dawla, establishes what was soon to become the most important hospital of Baghdad.
- July 13 – Pandulf II of Salerno and Landulf IV of Benevento (at the Battle of Stilo near Crotone)
- Emperor Jingzong of Liao
- "Islamic Culture and the Medical Arts _ Hospitals". Retrieved 8 November 2011.