The AT-9 Spiral-2 is the NATO reporting name for the 9M120 Ataka-V SACLOS radio guided anti-tank missile system of the Soviet Union \ Russia . It is the next major generation in the 9K114 Shturm (AT-6 Spiral) family. This system is often confused with the 9K121 Vikhr system.
The missile has been designed to defeat tanks with composite armour.
The missile was designed by KBM, Kolomna. The missile entered service some time in the 1990s. It was first mentioned in Russian documents around 1992. It appears to be an evolutionary development of the AT-6 Spiral system - heavier and faster. Range and accuracy have reportedly been increased as well.
The missile has often been confused in the west with the 9A1472 Vikhr dual-purpose laser beam riding missile used on the Kamov helicopters and Sukhoi attack aircraft (as well as some Ukrainian Mi-24/35 upgrades). These systems are completely unrelated in their design and are in fierce competition.
The missile is stored in a glass reinforced plastic tube, which also acts as its launcher. The missile is reported to be considerably faster than the AT-6 Spiral, with slightly longer range than the original version. It still uses radio command guidance, but the system has been improved when compared to the earlier 9K114 Shturm.
There are three main missiles which are all compatible with the launch system. The first is a two-stage anti-armour weapon. Second is a missile termed 9M120F which has a thermobaric warhead for use against infantry positions. Finally there is a version with proximity fused expanding rod warhead the 9M220O. This provides the system with a limited air to air capability.
General characteristics 9M120 (AT-9 Spiral-2)
- Length: 1830 mm (with standoff probe)
- Wingspan: 360 mm
- Diameter: 130 mm
- Launch weight (including container): 49.5 kg 
- Speed: 550 m/s
- Range: 1000 m - 5800 m  \ 8 km for the 9М120М model
- Guidance: Radio command link SACLOS
- Warhead: shaped charge (probably 5–8 kg) tandem HEAT 800 mm vs RHA after ERA / 900 mm vs RHA after ERA for the 9М120М
- 9M120 Ataka-V "AT-9 Spiral-2" SACLOS radio command guidance missile.  
- Hull, A.W., Markov, D.R., Zaloga, S.J. (1999). Soviet/Russian Armor and Artillery Design Practices 1945 to Present. Darlington Productions. ISBN 1-892848-01-5.