Aéroports de Paris
|Société anonyme (Euronext: ADP)|
|Founded||24 October 1945|
|Headquarters||14th arrondissement, Paris, France|
|Augustin de Romanet, CEO|
|Products||Airport operations and services|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Le monde entier est notre invité|
||This article or section appears to contradict itself about the number of airports/airfields managed by ADP. (April 2014)|
Aéroports de Paris or ADP (Paris Airports) is the airport authority that owns and manages the fourteen civil airports and airfields in the Île-de-France (Paris) area. Among its notable airports are Charles de Gaulle International Airport, Orly Airport and Le Bourget Airport. Its headquarters are located in the 14th arrondissement of Paris.
It was created as a government-owned corporation in 1945 but became a public company (known in France as a société anonyme) on 20 April 2005, although the French Government and the Ile-De-France region have kept stakes in the company. As of 2011, the French Government holds 52% of the shares and hence holds the controlling interest. According to French Transport Code, the French Government must remain the majority shareholder. With this transition, the company became able to engage in international partnerships and investments. In 2008 has the Schiphol Group 8% of the stock of Aéroports de Paris. Aéroports de Paris has 8% of the stock of the Schiphol Group.
Aéroports de Paris, through its wholly owned subsidiary Aéroports de Paris Management, acquired 38% of TAV Airports Holding (TAV Havalimanlari Holding), the leading airport operator in Turkey that operates the Istanbul Atatürk International Airport as well as airports in Georgia, Tunisia, Macedonia, Latvia and Saudi Arabia (from H1 2012). Aéroports de Paris Management will also acquire 49% of TAV Yatırım Holding, owner of TAV Construction.
The ADP group touts itself as being the world's second largest airport group in terms of turnover and the first in terms of air mail and freight handling. With its subsidiaries, ADP Management, ADP Ingénierie, Alyzia, and Hub Télécom, the ADP group has assisted in the construction and servicing of airports and related buildings and infrastructure in over 55 countries.
Aéroports de Paris has controlling interests in companies that operate ground handling services in CDG and Orly airport.
List of airports managed by ADP
- Houari Boumediene Airport (Algiers)
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Paris-Orly Airport
- Paris - Le Bourget Airport
- Marsa Alam International Airport (Marsa Alam, Egypt)
- Gandhara International Airport (Islamabad, Pakistan)
- Queen Alia International Airport (Amman)
- Tripoli International Airport (Libya)
- Istanbul Atatürk Airport (Turkey)
- Zagreb International Airport (Croatia)
- "Contacts." Aéroports de Paris. Retrieved on 3 February 2010.
- "Company 2011 Annual Financial Report"
- Aéroports de Paris en Schiphol Group vormen leidende, wereldwijde luchthavenalliantie, op de website van de Schiphol Group, 1 December 2008
- Laurence Frost (30 June 2013). "France to sell ADP stakes to Vinci, Credit Agricole". Reuters.
- Marsa Alam International Airport
- Le Mitouard, Eric. "Une tour de dix-neuf étages évacuée après l'incendie." Le Parisien. 23 November 2004. Retrieved on 28 January 2011. "Hier matin, vers 11 heures, 300 employés du siège d'Aéroports de Paris (ADP) ont été évacués de leur immeuble, 291, boulevard Raspail (XIV e ). Il s'agissait d'une fausse alerte."