A.C. Flora High School
|A.C. Flora High School|
|A.C. Flora High School|
|One Falcon Drive
Forest Acres, South Carolina, United States
A.C. Flora High School is a high school in Forest Acres, South Carolina, USA. It is part of Richland County School District One. The school has won many athletic state championships and numerous academic awards. A.C. Flora is considered one of the top high schools in the state. Its enrollment as of 2011 is 1350 students.
Academics and awards 
- International Baccalaureate school
- National and state award-winning FBLA chapter
- JROTC Honor Unit with Distinction
- Flagship School of Promise
- Top literary magazine in Forest Acres
Athletic championships 
- 2013 Boys' Golf 3A State Champions (4 years in a row)
- 2012 Baseball 3A State Champions (3rd since 2001)
- 2012 Boys' Golf 3A State Champions (7th since 2001)
- 2011 Football Region 5-3A Champions (reached the semifinals of playoffs)
- 2011 Boys' Golf 3A State Champions
- 2010 Girls' Golf 3A State Champions
- 2010 Boys' Golf 3A State Champions
- 2010 Football Region 5-3A Champions (made it through 1st round of playoffs)
- 2008 Boys' Golf 3A State Champions
- 2008 3A Upper State Baseball Champions
- 2007 Boys' Golf 3A State Champions
- 2007 Baseball 3A State Champions
- 2004 and 2005 Boys' Tennis 3A State Champions, 2006 3A Runners-Up
- 2004 Boys' Golf 3A State Champions
- 2003 Boys' Golf 3A State Champions
- 2001 Baseball 3A State Champions
- The athletic teams' main rivals are the Blue Devils from Dreher High School.
The past three football seasons (2010-2012) have been very successful for the A.C. Flora football team. Coached by Dean Howell, they are one of the best 3A teams in South Carolina. They went 10-2 in 2010 after losing in the 2nd round of the 3A playoffs and 12-2 in 2011 and 2012 after losing in the semifinals. 2010 marked the first 10-win regular season in A.C. Flora football history, and they continued with the records in 2011 by making it to the 3A semifinals.
The A.C. Flora boys' golf team has won seven 3A State Championships since 2001. Coach Harry Huntley, who holds the Richland Country District record for most state championship wins (eight), has coached 14 golfers who have gone off to play for college.
The A.C. Flora baseball team has multiple State Championship and Upper State Championship wins in the past 10 years, and won the 2012 South Carolina 3A State Championship. They were ranked top 70 in the nation by MaxPreps at the end of the 2012 season. They won the 2013 International Paper Classic, a tournament held in Georgetown, SC. The A.C. Flora Baseball team has produced college baseball players for the University of South Carolina, Clemson University, University of North Carolina, University of Tennessee, College of Charleston and more.
The A.C. Flora basketball team continues to grow under the leadership of Coach Leon Brunson. During the 2012-13 season, they won the Region IV-AAA Championship and made it to the Upper State semifinals.
Math Team 
Under the coaching of Patrick Rybarczyk, the team has received honors at The USC Math Contest, the Furman Wylie Math Tournament, the Carolina Panthers Numbers Crunch, the Clemson Calculus Challenge, the College of Charleston Math Meet, and made up one third of the South Carolina ARML team, which won the Division B team award at Penn State and won the Site award at the UGA site.
Notable alumni 
- Lee Atwater, political consultant
- Tyrone Corbin, professional basketball player and Head Coach of Utah Jazz
- Kristin Davis, actress
- Scott Holroyd, actor
- Xavier McDaniel, professional basketball player
- Allison Munn, actress