A. J. Langer
|A. J. Langer|
|Born||Allison Joy Langer
May 22, 1974
Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Charles Peregrine Courtenay, Lord Courtenay (2005–present)|
|Children||Joscelyn Skye (b. 2007)
Jack Haydon (b. 2008)
Allison Joy Langer (born May 22, 1974), styled Lady Courtenay, is an American actress best known for her role as Rayanne Graff on the television series My So-Called Life.
After recurring roles on several television shows, including The Wonder Years and Drexell's Class, Langer was cast as Rayanne Graff on My So-Called Life. She also appeared in the cast of the sitcoms It's Like, You Know... and Three Sisters as well as the drama series Eyes. Her film appearances include John Carpenter's Escape From L.A. and Wes Craven's horror film The People Under the Stairs.
In 2011, after a six-year acting hiatus, Langer appeared in 14 episodes of Private Practice in the recurring role of Erica Warner. She left the show in 2012 following the death of her character.
Langer was born in Columbus, Ohio, daughter of Deana, an audiologist who owned a hearing aid distribution company, and Gary Langer, who worked in sales for a wholesale fashion distributor. She moved to the San Fernando Valley with her family at age five, and began using her initials to join an all-boys baseball team three years later. She has one older brother, Kirk.
Langer married attorney Charles Courtenay, styled "Lord Courtenay," the son of the Earl of Devon, in a civil ceremony in 2004. A formal wedding took place on April 30, 2005, in Los Angeles, California. Upon the death of the current Earl, Langer (who holds the courtesy title "Lady Courtenay") will assume the title of Countess of Devon, and will relocate to the family seat at Powderham Castle. The couple have two children: daughter The Hon. Joscelyn Skye (born January 31, 2007) and a son, The Hon. Jack Haydon Langer Courtenay (born August 2009).
In her spare time, Langer raises awareness and money for the research and treatment of fibromyalgia, from which she herself suffers. On June 18, 2008, she presented the Nobel Student Initiative Award at Alfred B. Nobel Middle School (where she once attended) in Northridge, California.
- Drexell's Class (1991) – Melissa Drexell
- In the Heat of the Night (1992) – Megan Fowler
- My So-Called Life (1994) – Rayanne Graff
- It's Like, You Know... (1999) – Lauren Woods
- Three Sisters (2001) – Anne-Berstein Flynn
- I Love the '90s (2004) – Herself
- Eyes (2005) – Meg Bardo
- Private Practice (2011) – Erica Warner
Guest starring roles
- Parker Lewis Can't Lose (1991) – Melissa
- Baywatch (1991) – Caroline Larkin (2 episodes)
- Blossom (1992) – Sherry
- Hangin' with Mr. Cooper (1992) – Darlene
- Camp Wilder (1992) – Lydia
- In the Heat of the Night (1992) – Megan Fowler (2 episodes)
- The Wonder Years (1993) – Mary Jo Genaro
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1993) – Denise
- Baywatch (1994) – Rachel/Nancy/Linda
- Coach (1995–96) – Julie (3 episodes)
- Diagnosis: Murder (1995) – Ashley York
- Seinfeld (1996) – Abby
- Touched by an Angel (1997) – Olivia Marland
- Brooklyn South (1997–98) – Kathleen Doyle (9 episodes)
- Poltergeist: The Legacy (1998) – Elissa
- Fame L.A. (1998) – Emily Callaghan
- The Drew Carey Show (2002) – Dawn
- Private Practice (2011) – Erica (14 episodes)
- The People Under the Stairs (1991) – Alice
- And You Thought Your Parents Were Weird (1991) – Beth Allen
- Lightning in a Bottle (1993) – Mitzi Furber
- The Killing Box (1993) – Thomas, The Drummer Boy
- Arcade (1993) – Laurie
- Between Mother and Daughter (1995) – Carla
- Naomi & Wynona: Love Can Build a Bridge (1995) – Girl in the wheelchair
- Escape from L.A. (1996) – Utopia
- Meet the Deedles (1998) – Lt. Jesse Ryan
- On Edge (2001) – J.C. Cain
- Kristin's Christmas Past (2013) – Debby
- Return to Zork (1993) – Rebecca Snoot