|Industry||Offshore construction and services|
|Jens Frederik Hansen (CEO)|
|Services||transport, installation, and servicing of offshore wind farms|
A2SEA is an offshore wind farm installation and services company based in Fredericia, Denmark. The company is specialized on transport, installation, and servicing of offshore wind farms. In addition to Denmark, the company has subsidiaries in the United Kingdom and Germany.
A2SEA was established in 2000. In 2001, M/S Ocean Ady (now: Sea Energy) and M/S Ocean Hanne (now: Sea Power) were converted into turbine installation vessels. The company's first installation work was the Horns Rev 1 wind farm in the North Sea in 2002. In following years the company installed among others the Frederikshavn, Nysted, Arklow Bank, Scroby Sands, Kentish Flats and Thanet, and got contracts for the installation works on London Array and Ormonde offshore wind farms.
In 2009, the company was acquired by the Danish energy company DONG Energy. In 2010, it was announced that Siemens Wind Power will acquire a 49% stake in the company at a price of DKK 860m. The deal needed an approval of regulatory authorities, which came on 13 October 2010.
In 2010, turnover was 586m DKK, while profit was 86m.
A2SEA has fleet of two semijacked vessels (Sea Energy and Sea Power) and two jack-ups (Sea Jack and Sea Worker), all of them specially converted for offshore wind turbines installation. In 2010, A2SEA ordered a new semijacked vessel Sea Installer which is the first specially designed wind generator installation vessel of its fleet.
- "Siemens to become shareholder in A2SEA". The Engineer (Centaur Media plc.). 2010-06-29. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- Stromsta, Karl-Erik (2010-07-12). "A2SEA signs $139m contract for offshore wind installation vessel". ReCharge (NHST Media Group). Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "A2SEA presentation" (PDF). A2SEA (Export Promotion Denmark). 2005-04-12. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "Siemens catches wind with A2Sea move". Upstream Online (NHST Media Group). 2010-06-29. (subscription required). Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- Antitrust authority approves Siemens as equity partner in A2SEA DONG Energy, 13 October 2010. Retrieved: 16 November 2010.
- Pedersen, Lars Dalsgård. A2SEA profits Energy Supply, 21 March 2011. Accessed: 9 October 2011.
- "Dong orders $139m vessel from Cosco". Upstream Online (NHST Media Group). 2010-07-12. (subscription required). Retrieved 2010-07-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to A2SEA.|