The A35 autoroute is a toll free highway in northeastern France. It is also known as the Autoroute des cigognes and the Voie Rapide du Piémont des Vosges. It connects the German border in the Rhine valley with the Swiss frontier via Strasbourg. The road forms part of European routes E25 and E60.
At the northern end, where the road reaches the German frontier, it becomes a single carriageway road controlled by a speed camera. On the German side of the frontier, plans to build a final stretch of Autobahn to connect the French A35 directly with the German A65 at Kandel were not implemented during the 1990s when the focus of Autobahn construction switched to the eastern side of the country. The project remains unimplemented: it is contentious because of the ecological impact it could have on the Bienwald (wooded area) through which the road would run.
- 01 Germany Becomes the B9 to the A65 autobahn and Karlsruhe.
- 59 Lauterbourg Towns served: Scheibenhard
- 58 Munchhausen Towns served: Munchhausen
- 57 Seltz Towns served: Seltz
- 56 D4, Baden-Baden Towns served: Baden-Baden (Germany)
- 55 Soufflenheim Towns served: Soufflenheim, Haguenau
- 54 Sessenhaim Towns served: Sessenhaim
- 53 Drusenheim-Bischwiller Towns served: Drusenheim, Bischwiller, Haguenau
- 52 D2, Rastatt Towns served: Achern (Germany)
- 51 Gambsheim-Weyersheim Towns served: Gambsheim, Weyersheim
- 50 La Wantzenau Towns served: La Weyersheim
- 49 Hoerdt Towns served: Hoerdt
As the A4
- 14 Exchange A4-A35 A4 autoroute to Metz (north) The road merges with A4
- 14 Exchange A4-A35 A4 autoroute to Strasbourg centre (south east)
As the A35
- 01 Strasbourg Cronenbourg Towns served: Strasbourg
- 14 Exchange A350-A35' A350 to autoroute Spur to Schiltighiem.
- 02 Strasbourg-xxx Towns served: Strasbourg
- 14 Exchange A351-A35' A351 autoroute Spur to N4 and Marlenheim.
- 04 N4 Kehl-Offenburg Towns served: Strasbourg, Kehl (Germany)
- 05 Illkirch-Graffenstaden Towns served: Illkirch-Graffenstaden
- 07 N283 Erstein Towns served: Erstein, Offenburg (Germany)
- 08 D400 (67), Aéroport Strasbourg-Entzheim Towns served: Aéroport Strasbourg, Entzheim
- 00 Exchange A352-A35, Molsheim-St Dié A352 autoroute Spur to Molsheim.
As the D1422
As the A35
- 00 D1422 the autoroute recommences.
- 09 Innenheim Towns served: Innenheim
- 10 Krautergersheim Towns served: Krautergersheim
- 11 Obernai Towns served: Obernai, Niedernai
- 11.1 D500 (67), Molsheim Towns served: Obernai, Molsheim.
- 12 Goxwiller-Valff Towns served: Goxwiller, Valff
- 13 Barr Towns served: Barr
- 14 N83, Benfeld-Erstein Towns served: Benfeld, Erstein via N83 (north)
- 15 Ebersheim Towns served: Ebersheim.
- 16 Sélestat Towns served: Sélestat
- 17 Sélestat-St-Dié Towns served: Sélestat, St-Die via N59 (west)
- 18 St-Hippolyte Towns served: Hirtengaerten.
As the N83
- 00 A35 vers Strasbourg Road merges with the N83 for 12 km.
- 20 Ribeauvillé Towns served: Ribeauvillé, Guémar
- 21 Ostheim Towns served: Ostheim
- 22 Ostheim Towns served: Ostheim
- 22.1 Ostheim Towns served: Ostheim
- 23 Exchange N83-A35 Autoroute de-merges with the N83 to Colmar.
As the A35
- 23 Houssen Towns served: Houssen
- 24 ZI Towns served: Colmar, N83 to Belfort (south).
- 25 Colmar-Freiburg Towns served: Colmar, Neuf-Brisach, Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)
- 26 Colmar-sud Towns served: Colmar
- 27 Ste-Croix-en-Plaine Towns served: Ste-Croix-en-Plaine
- 28 Niederhergheim Towns served: Niederhergheim
- Réguisheim Towns served: Réguisheim, Munwiller
- Ensisheim Towns served: Ensisheim, Hirtzfelden
- 32 Sausheim Towns served: Baldersheim, Sausheim, Mulhouse (Peugeot IZ)
- 00 Exchange A36-A35 Junction with A36 (E54) to Dijon, Mulhouse westbound and Germany (eastbound).
- 33 Habsheim Towns served: Mulhouse, Habsheim.
- 34 Sierentz Towns served: Sierentz, Kleinkems
- 35 Bartenheim Towns served: Bartenheim
- 36 Bale-Mulhouse (Euro Airport) Towns served: Bale-Mulhouse Airport
- 37 St-Louis Towns served: Huningue, St-Louis
- 00 Switzerland and becomes the A3 autoroute to Basel and Zurich.