|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2009)|
|Length:||25 mi (40 km)|
|Orbital around Birmingham|
The A4040 is the Outer Ring Road in Birmingham, England. It is the route followed by the Birmingham Outer Circle bus route. It was formed mainly of redesignated old roads, unlike Birmingham's inner (A4400) and middle ring road (A4540), which were mostly purpose built.
Places along the route (travelling clockwise from the northernmost point) include:
- Perry Barr
- M6 motorway (passes overhead twice at Witton as the road heads north, and near Fort Shopping Park as the road heads south)
- Gravelly Hill
- Fort Shopping Park
- Swan Shopping Centre (South Yardley)
- South Yardley
- Acocks Green
- Fox Hollies
- Kings Heath
- Cadbury chocolate factory and Cadbury World
- Selly Oak
- Winson Green
- Winson Green Prison
- Midland Metro Winson Green/Outer Circle stop
- Handsworth Wood
- Transport in Birmingham
- A4540 road, The middle ring road.
- Birmingham Outer Ring Road, The orbital motorway split into parts.
|This England road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|