AACTA Award for Best Direction in a Documentary
|Best Direction in a Documentary
|Presented by||Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA)|
|Currently held by||Bob Connolly and Sophie Raymond, Mrs Carey’s Concert (2011)|
The AACTA Award for Best Direction in a Documentary, is a documentary award presented by the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) to the director of an Australian documentary film or television series. Prior to the establishment of the Academy in 2011, the award was presented by the Australian Film Institute (AFI) at the annual Australian Film Institute Awards (more commonly known as the AFI Awards) from 1998–2010. The award is presented at the AACTA Awards Luncheon, a black tie event which celebrates achievements in film production, television, documentaries and short films.
Winners and nominees
In the following table, winners are listed first, in boldface and highlighted in gold; those listed below the winner that are not in boldface or highlighted are the nominees.
AFI Awards (1998-2010)
AACTA Awards (2012-present)
|Bob Connolly and Sophie Raymond||Mrs Carey’s Concert|
|Bryan Mason and Sophie Hyde||Life in Movement|
|Matthew Bate||Shut Up Little Man! An Audio Misadventure|
|Tony Krawitz||The Tall Man|
- "Rule Six –Special Conditions for Documentary". 2011 AFI Awards Rule Book. Australian Film Institute (AFI). Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Australian Film Institute – Non-Feature Award Winners 1958–2010". Australian Film Institute (AFI). 2009. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "AACTA – Awards Presented". Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA). Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "AACTA – The Awards – Dates". Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA). Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "AACTA – Winners & Nominees". Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA). Retrieved 17 November 2011.