ABC News Now
|ABC News Now|
|Closed||October 28, 2013|
|Network||Disney-ABC Television Group|
|Owned by||The Walt Disney Company|
Live Well Network
ABC News Now was an American 24-hour news channel offered via digital television, broadband and streaming video at ABCNews.com and on mobile phones. It delivers breaking news, headline news each half hour, and wide range of entertainment and lifestyle programs. The channel was available in the USA and in Europe. This station's "Talk Back" feature allowed viewers to voice their own input through the submission of videos and personal thoughts on controversial issues and current topics. On October 28, 2013 ABC News Now was replaced with Fusion.
On November 5, 2007Germany, Spain and Belgium in 2008 on IPTV service Zattoo with more territories including the UK planned for the next 6 months, this marks the second international channel launched under ABC branding, the first being the UK general entertainment channel ABC1 which closed on September 26, 2007.Disney-ABC International Television announced plans to launch the channel in international territories including
- Tech This Out! -- Technology news and a consumer guide to the latest gadgets, hosted by Daniel Sieberg.
- Good Morning America Health -- GMA Health is a third hour of Good Morning America and also is themed toward health news and other health-related topics, airing 2pm/ET. Its predecessor was Good Morning America Now which was canceled due to lack of viewers. Its final broadcast was October 2008.
- Inside the Newsroom -- 2x times daily, bringing you live reports from the hottest spots in the world.
- Money Matters -- Financial and economic news and tips right after the NYSE opening bell.
- Good Money -- Personal finance information for everyday consumers and small business owners.
- The Daily Download -- The day's most interesting feature stories, viral videos and stories from off the beaten path.
- Popcorn with Peter Travers -- An interview-based movie show, with today's biggest stars talking to Rolling Stone movie reviewer Peter Travers.
- Amplified -- Indie music and interviews, brought to you by ABC News anchor Dan Harris.
- TopLine -- Inside the political arena with Rick Klein.
- What's the Buzz -- The latest in celebrity entertainment news.
- World View -- Round-up of headlines from around the world.
- Now You Know -- Living Advice and News Briefs along with Weather, Now You Know is ABC News Now's morning program.
- Chef's Table
During international breaking news, there had been simulcasts of BBC World News.
Free online live broadcasting was available for America Online, AT&T High Speed customers, and Comcast subscribers. This online (live) service is not available outside the United States.
The channel was also available on the Sprint TV app.
The channel was formerly available via satellite, free to air, on Galaxy 28 at 89W, transponder 613 at 11955 MHz, vertical polarization.
The channel was carried by Verizon FIOS TV, Charter Communications, RCN and a number of other cable TV providers in the USA.
ABC News Now was formerly available as a digital subchannel for many ABC affiliates during the 2004 Presidential election season. Most stations have replaced it with the ABC-distributed Live Well Network or other channels.
- Welsh, James (November 5, 2007). "ABC News Now to launch in the UK". Digital Spy. Retrieved January 16, 2013.